• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carolyn Parrish

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe all our ultra-liberal movie stars that made their fortunes in the US, but now want to leave the country since GW was re-elected, will move to Ontario. Turn it into the California of Canada....

And as far as the UN goes- Canada can have that too. How about a trade- you guys take California and the UN and we'll take all your beef?

Comment

Out of curiosity, how are her rantings money out of our pockets? How often have the various leaders of the different levels of government said something and NOT been apologetic about it, or given an apology that was luke-warm at best?

If we don't have people who will stand up and challenge the status quo, then we are surely doomed. I agree with the comments that it could be stated in a less inflamatory manner with regard to how it will reflect on others.

Having said that though, do we just keep taking whatever is dished out by the schoolyard bully?

Comment

cowman is right; also I have it on good authority from some one that works there that in our National Reaserch Council in a department that does work for the Canadian Armed Forces 90% of the employees are Muslim.

One other point, America is not hated because of George Bush...George Bush is hated because he is American.

It has been the intent of the liberal left to hate America for many many years in our country and I remember a time when NDP MLA's in Manitoba burnt the American flag in the city streets.

So if they are loosing patence with us ...is it any wonder.

Comment

There are times when, as bombay so eloquently put it, that one has to have the testicular fortitude to tell the emporer he is wearing no clothes, don't you think?

Comment

Let us never forget this one thing...We are all Americans...North Americans!
            Yes George W screwed up! Hey how many times have our clowns screwed up?
            The important thing to remember now is this: We have a way of life here and values that are commonly shared? We might differ slightly on how we see that, but defacto, we are one people? The guy in Montana wants the same darned thing that the guy in Lethbridge wants?
            Quite frankly I am disgusted that some raghead bastard wants to ruin our world(sorry if that offends...but sometimes you have to say it as it is!)
            For all our differences the Bloody Americans are as about as close to kin folk as there is!

Comment

Cowman, once again you have me grinning! (and shaking my head!)

I have always felt, that “Kin folk” are great….
              When they are hanging in a picture frame on my wall.
              That way, when I get tired of them…
              I can turn their picture around!

I think if you checked with our “kin folk” in states that are located a little further away than Montana, they do not want the same things as folks in Lethbridge. In fact, many believe that we up here in Canada, dress in seal skin coats, speak french, live in igloos, and most of us, get around in dog sleds! Those of us that are not Eskimos, or Frenchmen, are of Middle Eastern decent, and are secretly training to once again send our elite across the border! Many Americans, really don’t have a basic understanding of Canadians, and don’t wish to learn about us. While I agree that most of our “bordering” states have the same needs and wishes as us, the majority of American people really don’t perceive us as “kin”.

Perhaps what we need to promote, is an “cultural exchange” that does not cater to overseas citizens, but across-the-border citizens. People on our own continent, have less of an understanding of us, than people in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Japan, etc. The only Americans that I see up in NE Alberta, are big game hunters, who really don’t have any concept of the problems that exist here, because of any border closures.

Although I share your sentiments, I inwardly bless the fact that it is Carolyn Parrish, and not you that got up and spoke on national television!

While it is true that we can NOT choose our family, we Canadians sat quietly by, (being diplomatic and statesmanshiply) and allowed these large number of Moslems to immigrate into our “multi cultural” country. We also sat by, and allowed our traditional RCMP to become a laughing stock! Maybe, if we had an MP who was not afraid of the “party”, the ”leader” or of being “politically correct”, we would not now, have turbans as an accepted part of our RCMPs uniform!

Perhaps, if such an MP had existed, we would be tolerant of “Gay” people, (and I don’t mean “happy”) but wouldn’t have to endure a national “Gay Pride” day and a large parade! We would have abortions, back in the hands of “patient and doctor confidentiality”, and away from politics and religion, because like it or not, there are medical reasons why abortion should have it’s place. Family Values? Those are taught by the family, not pushed by politicians, but we should all have the freedom, to teach our children, our own family values! Just because one child, in a classroom of 30 children, does not want the “Lords Prayer” to be recited, it becomes politically incorrect to recite it!

It seems to me, that there are times, our democracy ceases to exist, when things have to be “politically correct”!

Comment

"Many Americans, really don’t have a basic understanding of Canadians, and don’t wish to learn about us."

AND VISA VERSA

Comment

In reply to remarks that Ms. Parrish’s riding is heavily Moslem see http://www12.statcan.ca/english/census01/products/standard/fedprofile/RetrieveTable.cfm?R=FED03&G=35049 The riding is heavily Catholic and Protestant with only 6.6% Moslem. It would seem that not only are Americans not well informed about Canadians and vice versa but Canadians are not well informed about Canadians. I would go one further on the comment that we are all Americans and suggest rather than that we are all human beings and we want the much same things and have similar aspirations. The ability to live in peace, to not be afraid, to see our children grow up and have families of their own, to practice our faith without interference. It is not so much that the other person wants the same things we do as we are all one people on one planet. We are in this together whether we are talking beef producers just wanting to make a living or our neighbours on the other side of the planet just wanting to live in peace. Just days away from Remembrance Day and how easily we forget. Those of us who are wearing a poppy should maybe take a few minutes today to stop and think about what it means, not just on November 11.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...