• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for Action

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might try that approach too Cowman, as you say a drug that is potent that it kills months after it is applied is a pretty unpleasant one to work with. It certainly is extremely toxic to fish and cats as well I believe. Deer and moose have managed on this continent for a long time without anyone treating their lice problems - perhaps again they have naturally selected for tolerance to these pests. Do adult cows need treated for giardia and crypto though? mine occasionally drink water from the Medicine river which is supposidly very dirty and is full of beaver up here.

Comment

I don't know the answer to that grassfarmer. I wonder if there is any info or studies on how those two parasites might affect cattle?

Comment

grassfarmer, regarding ticks in wildlife I remember very well fall and winter a few years back. We say yealing moose calves that were emaciated and had turned while grazing in the ditch too sick to run away. A neighbor had a cow calv in her back yard, again too weak to care for herself, looking for easy feed. Nature can be a cruel master. We also see coyotes and foxes with mange that eventually just disappear when things get tough.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...