• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More sales barn closures in Ontario

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RPKaiser, "I'm sure you will blast me for this post too, oxbow."

While I reserve the rigt to disagree with your findings, your post is topical and thoughtful. I wouldn't "blast" a productive thinker as I value the perspective.

Comment

I don't hate the USA or the American people. I did say most of the world does. I mean hey they aren't flying airplanes into our skysc****rs?
      Do you ever wonder how come all these countries hate the US? Maybe its because they have this greedy tendency to screw everyone over and act like they have a devine right or something?
      I don't blame R-Calf or the USDA or Bush for our problems....they are just taking care of business! I do blame our totally useless government...for not taking care of business!
      America and Canada have a relationship that goes way beyond a few measily cows or packing houses. It is my true belief that some day we should be one country.
      I find it strange that America treats us like it does in these trade deals though? Don't you know we are practically your only friend in the world? We've gone along with just about all your crazy imperialistic crap over the years...now mind you the Iraq thing was just a wee bit too insane even for us! You screwed up big time on that one and it is shaping up to be another Vietnam!
      And what in the hell does Isreal have to do with the cow business in North America?

Comment

Spoken like a true Canadian Oxbow, civil yet slightly disobedient.
        I like that.

I hope that you do not fear the Purdey theory for the wrong reasons. We may have this thing somewhat under control with removal of SRM's etc. but we are still following unproven science.
        Organophosphates are only a small part of Mark's theory and mainly concern the debacle in the UK. The main focus of his theory is the individual poisoning of animals caused by contamination of healthy prions by rouge metals.
        I am not an expert, but would suggest you take a look at Mark's page and another interesting page that I will post below.
        Have a great day.
        Even a disagreement in the good old High School days started with a few jabs and ended with a few beers.

http://www.markpurdey.com/
        http://www.ela-europe.org/

Comment

I can agree that bse science is unproven, but Canada and the US have now tested many cows, and this would indicate the common held theories have merit. If everything under 8 years is safe, great. I do suspect when this issue is solved many many brain maladies will also be solved. As long as we're talking about unproven science, there is no proven link between bse and cjd, but neither of us would feed an aflicted cow to our families.

Even a disagreement in the good old High School days started with a few jabs and ended with a few beers.

Fair enough.

Comment

a bunch of local farmers are going to Kingston Stock Yards tonite
            Word is out this may be there last sale.
            Thay have advertized a horse sale for Saturday. wonder if its still a go.
            Anyone owning a trasport could soon start a buniness trucking cattle to the next closest barn

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...