• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta election?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta election?

In all probability, Alberta will call an election this fall.
    Last week the guy from the taxpayers federation was around and he was telling me the Alberta Alliance party is on the rise in a big way in rural Alberta! Now quite frankly, I doubt it, but that was what he was claiming.
    Thornstein(the Alliance leader) has proposed some fairly attractive ideas and he can push them pretty hard as he will never have to implement them! I actually hope he gets lots of positive polls, as this will make old Ralph get off his butt and do something!
    I suspect the ball has already started? Lets see: so far Ralph has bought the seniors with the end of Health Care premiums? He bought the teachers/school boards just last week with another $78 million? Hopefully he'll soon try to buy us with some real money for a solution to the BSE crisis?
    I would suspect before the election we might hear of money for expanded beef slaughter? I mean in reality what does it cost to build a mega slaughter plant? Peanuts, when you consider how much money is rolling in from oil and gas?
    Ralph has no fear of ever losing this election in Alberta. However, he does need to keep his caucus happy and let them know they will keep their jobs? If the rural areas make it known they are not happy campers and might be considering a change, I think you will see the purse strings open up and it will be Katie bar the door!
    If Ralph suddenly announced big bucks for a plant, what happens to all the other proposed plants?
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...