• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cows for Live Export 15,000 head

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cows for Live Export 15,000 head

We have found a market for live/cull fleshy butcher cows.

We think most things are in place to Export Live Cull cows.

Please email me at beef@cattlecare.cc if you're interesterd in marketing you're culls.

Include the
    1) number of head.
    2) approximate weight
    3) and what you will move them for.

and you contact information.

Bulls too?

Comment

Fantastic news rusty! I have always said that the main thing we have been lacking is a sales crew with some vision. Sounds like you guys have that and more. Any details on this new market would be welcome, and I also understand if infomation is limited.

I am so proud of you guys, I could just ......

Comment

sorry no bull - it would be too hard to handle a bunch of new bull in tight quarters (what a rodeo that would be)

Comment

Opps better add one thing Please put COWS in the subject line so Outlook can sort it into the right folder, or I might delete it as junk mail.

You can also email at

beef@cowboylogic.biz

Comment

At the risk of appearing stupid is this a wind up?
            After all the talk here of how we must build producer owned packing plants for the future and turn down the temptation to make an easy buck by exporting live animals and letting others add the value we have a suggestion of an export market for live cows from an advocate of building a packing plant? I know we live in extraordinary times and the shipment of any number of cull cows would be a welcome at the moment. Where would live cows be going? not South I bet unless Mexico wants them and they can be shipped live across the US in spite of R-calf, no-one lives north of here, they won't be able to afford flying or sailing presumably. Is this a test to see how dedicated we are to building our own plants Rusty?

Comment

Nop - just a pick up of something that was in the mix May 20th. And an attempt to reduce the huge numbers here.

Comment

how could the option of live exports be a bad thing? the more options the better. we've learned firsthand we also need the option of being able to process total production but it's not here and we don't need to further punish ourselves by not exporting if it is possible.

Comment

There's a fellow from Pakistan in Manitoba right now sourcing live cattle for export. Preference toward grass fed short keeps. He's planning on using the Seaway to ship them. The cattle are supposed to be destined for the Saudi Arabia market.

There was a story on him in this week's paper. That's the first I've heard of this, but I'll see what else I can find out.

Could it be that there actually are live cattle markets out there, and we've just been psyched into thinking there are not?

Comment

It would seem to me that shrink would be a big factor putting all those cattle on a ship and sailing them somewhere, not to mention getting enough feed on board to get them to where they were going.

Kato, perhaps it's never really been seriously looked at because of the "open" door to the U.S.

Comment

Never say never, there have been a good number of shiploads of 650 weight steers come from Hawaii to Canada the last 15 years about. Seems to me there have been live lambs shipped from New Zealand to Oregon possibly also.

Comment

Grassguy, lambs are indeed shipped live from Australia/New Zealand all over the globe. Many of them go to the middle eastern countries. Australia also ships live cattle as well.

I don't know how much of a problem that disease is on these ships, but if you do have a problem of some sort, you can have an absolute nightmare on your hands.

Witness the debacle in Australia last August/September when the Saudis I believe it was turned away a shipload of some 50,000 sheep because of a "problem" with what they termed blister mouth. Those poor sheep spent over 2 months on the ship because no one wanted them and after sitting in port for all that time, the Australians didn't want them back either. Last I heard about the saga, they were to be offloaded onto an island off the coast of Australia to see if any problems arose and then they were to be slaughtered.

Not a nice scenario at all.

Comment

That is always the problem with live export, by sea particularily. The Australian exports of live sheep to the middle east were always in the news in Europe as they had a healthy following of sharks following the boats feeding on the deads tossed overboard - not an image the livestock industry wants to be associated with. I may be wrong but I believe that Australia exports live sheep but NZ ships only carcases.
                          We had a group called Farmers Ferry in Britain set up to truck lambs from Wales to Dover, across the English Channel and onwards to Spain and Portugal. This was a constant media disaster as unscrupulous traders cut corners and hauled for excessive periods without stopping and lost lots of lambs on the way - often videod by animal welfare people. I believe we must kill and process animals locally and ship carcases - although the northern part of the US obviously is within reasonable trucking distance if politics allow.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...