• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whiteface & 15444

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whiteface & 15444

Thanks for the names of bull and the run down on them.
    15444- sence you live in Ontario have we ever run into each other at the sales. Do I know you?
    Whiteface- I think you have figured me out. Yes I am looking for a bull calf because I like to raise him my self so that him and I get to know each other.

I just got my Fall classic book. I see on pg9 lot 20 is one of your. Nice heifer.

Thanks Alicia, Petrik bought her for near nothing with the every intention of making a tidy profit on her. She looks the part, hope there is one or two out there that can give her a good home and transplant her, she deserves it. Her dam will enter transplant next year, has a full brother on her to 318M that is REALLY good, Hattrick son of course we named him SHUT OUT. Another one I'm considering for Ted's book for next year. There isn't a bull in Petrik's catalogue that really caught my eye, again, I know transportation is an issue but I would really suggest you try WLB's production sale, unless you really need to stay away from Latimer genetics, Bill like just about everyone has been tinkering around the Remitall program, might not be the place for an outcross but will likely have some good ones in it. Have a good day Alicia!

Comment

Alicia:

I don't think so. I have only been down to Southern Ontario a handful of times. We may have seen each other at the Royal or such, but I have not met you or been to a sale in Southern Ontario.

Comment

Whiteface are you hagging with Bob to much. You seem to be lining towards the hockey linggo. But I like the name Shut Out. I'd like to see a picture of him. Along time ago in my younger years I named a bull the Golden Jet and then sold the bull to a fishing buddy of Bob's. I always wondered if he found out, sence the bulls sire was 67K.
        I'm going back to your web and look at your herd sires again.
        15444 you wouldn't have anything I may like.
        Know I haven't give up, I'm improving for when the price comes back with better then what I had. I would love to show both of you's my what I call my new herd. With what I have gone throw in the last 4 years has made me a better person with more back bone and a sence of pride that I never had before.

Comment

Great to have you "back" Alicia, even though I never had the pleasure of knowing you before this year. Thanks for visiting our website again. The photo of Shut out is not especially recent, a newer one of him will be in Ted's next issue of Herefords Today. The name Shut out was created to follow his father's footsteps (Hattrick) who was named as such being Orchid's third calf and we thought of him as " the third goal " from a great player (Orchid). Just a little history. I do try to take some pride in names. Incidentally, I don't "have opportunity" to "hang around" Bob much, maybe I wish I did, but he likes to rub shouldars with the "big guys." I'm not one of them, just try to make good cattle that work well for their new owners. I look forward to seeing your herd Alicia, this fall, when I make it out to Ontario. Have a good day!

Comment

Alicia:

www.angelfire.com/on4/aek

The sire's page isn't up to snuff, but most of the other pages aren't too bad at the moment.

Comment

I see the hereford show at the royal is on Saturday and Sunday. I am going to try to go but it will be by my self. And I would love to have you both come and see my herd. I believe that I have them down to the very best I have and am looking forward to the next few year with them and I would be very happy to see if you guys think the same and maybe could give me some more thoughts on the new program that I am just starting up.
              I have been taking pictures and when I get what I want I will begin to see about getting a web up.

15444- just as soon as I read all my e-mail, I am going to go to your site.

Comment

15444-can seem to be able to find site.

Comment

Whiteface= I found the bull I want. Don't know if he has arrived but his parents are.

RW Magna 98170 2026 ET
                  Dynamite Acres Azalea ET 27N

Comment

Thanks Alicia! I got your email but my outlook express was having a few issues this morning and didn't want to return an email. Hope it's okay with everyone that I answer here! Azalea 27N is in calf to Enquirer 272L for early Feb 2005. The plan is to transplant her next year and the Pure Gold son (Magna) that we purchased is a definate choice. Many people are asking about him and we'll have a dozen or so calves next year by him next spring, will give us a pretty good idea of how he produces when we're ready to do the flush with Azalea. Just curious though, the potential herdbull we would like to create out of this mating won't be here for a year or so, could I interest you in anything that is weaned and ready to go right now? I've retained herdbull prospects off six of our very best cows. Two I would like to use myself, two are planned for Alberta Polled Power (but not entered just yet), and two are here as private sales ( have had some stong interest and would use them as my own backups if Shut out and/or the watchfire calf were to sell before I used them ). You should have Ted's new book this week, two bull calves in there and one of the best bulls calves we retained is out of a cow on my website, under "females" "for sale" "cow calf pairs", cow is Dynamite Acres Jessica 180J, bull calf Dynamite Acres Uddermaker by Enquirer 272L. Incidentally we lost Enquirer this spring due to an unfortunate accident and will have only a limited number of good offspring to continue the lineage. Uddermaker is one, another one I thought for polled power sale out of Magenta 302M ( but I'm seriously considering one of them must be used here briefly before they go to a new home). That may have been more information than any of you wanted but thanks for reading! We'll talk soon Alicia!

Comment

Alicia:

www.angelfire.com/on4/aek

That's odd, it should work.

Comment

15444- is your prefex aek.

whiteface-It reads like great minds think alike. Lets see want she has in Feb. I really like her and want a bull from that match, I can wait. I got Ted's book to night. Is that you at the lead.

Comment

Alicia:

Yes, my prefix is AEK.

Comment

I'm really excited about the future of those two heifers, Norchid and Azalea. I've got several out of country interests in embryos from both females, Magna as the sire is a request of two outfits, we'll certainly plan on a mating of these two. Agribition last fall the traffic on both heifers was nearly overwhelming, thanks Alicia for finding our great ones. Yes, that's me at the halter in my ad in Ted's book. 15444, I've been absolutly swamped with things to get done around here and getting my disc reader to read cd's or dvd's is one headeache after another. Needs to be looked at I think and my son and husband both are quite keen on getting it reading again also ( they love their computer games! ). Thanks again and I will contact you just as soon as I've seen the disk. In the short term, I saw your webstie updates, I'm impressed. We'll talk soon!

Comment

Whiteface:

No hurry. Get everything done that needs to be done while the weather is nice.

Has been cold and wet here the past week, (haven't cut anything since last friday in fact). Hoping to get more down and work around the yard a bit in the next few days (lawn is catching up to the regrowth in the hayfields, LOL). This bit of staying inside and watching the rain fall is getting a bit tiring.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...