• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now What?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rsomer says"Unfortunately lobbying in favour of 100% testing has little hope of success as our governments have clearly set out their policy on testing and producers contrary efforts could actually serve to delay the opening of our borders to live cattle going south and weaken consumer confidence in our product."
    Just won't quit hey rsomer.

We all have two sides rsomer, depending on the situation we are all cnyical, or we are all (except cowman) optimistic.

Your continued point about delaying the border opening makes me sick.
    I realise that this is simply your view, and you will continue to try to proove it through diligent pursuit of information.

Telling the consumer that we, the producers, want to test our beef will boost consumer confidence and help to open the border sooner.

When you say our governments have set out their policy, I wonder if you ever get time away from your fight against testing to notice that our government may actually change on June 28th.

The worst thing that we can possibly do is follow the path of lieing to consumers as rsomer wants to continue to do. Keep them in the dark. Use the Veil of science, but for goodness sake, don't tell the truth.
    Give me a break.

With leaders like you rsomer, we will never get 100% testing, nor will we ever see profits in the cattle industry again. Keep your head up the packers ass just long enough to get yourself out of trouble buddy.

Comment

(From the eternal pessimist)...Well rpkaiser, I am going to try to attend a Big C meeting in the near future...probably at Olds...just to hear for myself what they have to say. Who knows maybe I will become a convert!

Comment

Rpkaiser: I think you will find no matter which party forms the next government the policy on testing will remain unchanged. If anything, the Conservatives would see us move closer to the Americans. If you expect to see the NDP form the next government perhaps you could be right as they would be the party most likely to agree with your views.

Comment

I'm votin Green rsomer.

Comment

Pessimist / optimist. Positive / negative. Right / wrong. Yin / yan.
            We need find balance.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...