• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranchers Own

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not so sure labour isn't an issue, slaughter plants are not a nice place to work and very few people get long service medals in the job. If Brooks supports Lakeside so well why is there a big number of Sudanese immigrant workers there? poor pay or just a poor job that established Canadians don't want to do? The argument for putting it close to a city is that even if you have a high staff turnover there are plenty more to choose from.

nerves, I don't know if they are looking at pet food or not.

Comment

I've heard the labor force in Brooks is $12 to $15 dollars. Maybe that's not high enough? But those immigrants drive better vehicles than I do.

I have a bright idea. Why dosn't the govt. buy 2 or 3 hundred thousand old cows, LIVE. Load them on boats and send them to places like oh say China, Congo, Berma or maybe Iraq.

Comment

Could be there are some labour considerations but this has to be balanced with the reach such a plant might have. Loydminister was suggested...great for me,but not so good for B.C. interior. This plant primarly has to address OTM cattle and the people who own them and build the plant.
        Labour pool is important and if treated well they will come.

Comment

power is another issue to have a plant with any size you will need 3 phase power for refrigeration. To get that put in just any place could be very costly.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...