• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cam Ostercamp essay

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rsomer... a lot of you say is true about how the americans control us... but that does not make it right ... I think rpkaiser is right , we are in a food industry and at the end of the day the consumer will decide the policy of what they want! What happens when the science on BSE fails in the USA ? Their market will crash and their government and USDA will have no credibility left !Can we as cattle producers take that chance! I agree there is a lot of good leaders at the top but they also need to be able to change ,if the system is not working . If it takes testing to open more markets that I guess is what we need to do. I guess what I'm trying to say after watching my part of industry get raked over the coals is that its time for the cow- calf's voice to be heard.

Comment

I have to agree with rsomer...he has hit the nail right on the head!
      In the really big picture NAFTA has been a boon for this country and if the Americans want to shaft us on a few things, that is just how it is?
      We have no leverage. The Americans own us pure and simple! And unfortunately if that means they trash some of our industries, then in fact they can do it!
      But lets not forget that we are also making one hell of a lot of money off them in the oil and gas and electricity!
      I suspect that they will never find a US mad cow? I mean obviously the 3S solution is in effect big time down there? And much as I hate to think it I doubt the border will open this year...maybe never!
      The US is going through some pretty bizarre times right now! I believe Iraq will be their next Vietnam. They are in way over their heads on this one? All they've accomplished is making the world hate them even more which is unfortunate because they are a good people with horrible leaders, and unfortunately, we are in bed with them, and can expect to share in the worlds wrath?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...