• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going for it!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going for it!!!

Just booked some pen space to feed out some heiferettes(24 month old hfrs). We banking on them passing the 30 month rule. Just waiting for my last fats to go out then gonna place them. Highland Feeders are just awesome to work with-I've got a little pen there all to myself that I keep cattle in all year round. Proves you don't need a thousand cows to retain ownership. In last four years of retaining ownership on everything but our breeding heifers we've averaged right around $75/per head carcass premiums-our south devon/angus calves really working well. I haven't kept many devon cross cows but seeing as they wintered better than our angus cows I might have to keep a few more F1's.

cswilson, it's great to hear someone making plans for the future. We all need to move ahead, or get left behind. My heifers are 2-3 months old and I'm already picking my replacements. I love this time of year, watching calves develop on grass. It's much nicer looking at the glass half-full.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...