• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas?

Well, it's the 12th of May, and here I sit, watching the snow blow by the window.

Most of the roads in Southwest Manitoba were closed yesterday, but now they all are.Our local schools are keeping the kids in town tonight at billets, because the buses can't get them home.

First time that's happened here all winter. All winter? This is May! Right?

Oh, well, I'm not going to complain too much, at least it's moisture, and we sure needed some of that.

Kato - yesterday here in West Central Alberta, it looked just like that as well. We didn't have road closures or anything like that and I'm glad I stayed home. All told we had about 4 inches of snow on the ground yesterday and we had about another 6 over the weekend. It is all most welcome moisture to be sure, but it has wreaked havoc during our lambing. Can't win them all I guess.

Comment

Kato - yesterday here in West Central Alberta, it looked just like that as well. We didn't have road closures or anything like that and I'm glad I stayed home. All told we had about 4 inches of snow on the ground yesterday and we had about another 6 over the weekend. It is all most welcome moisture to be sure, but it has wreaked havoc during our lambing. Can't win them all I guess.

Comment

It's May the 13th, and the roads are still closed. I think they will be open soon, the crews are working on them now. The sun is shining, and it's feeling nice and warm outside.

A bit south of us, they got well over a foot of snow. We're close to a foot, I think. It's real wet mushy stuff, so it's loaded with moisture. Good news for the crops and pastures!

Bad news for our cows who run out of hay in about 10 days! We need a real quick melt and warmup, or the girls are going to have to eat straw and pellets. They aren't going to like that!

Comment

I always put off fixing fence for as long as I can.Not one of my favorite jobs.This year I actually have a valid excuse.Most of my fences are buried in 5 foot snow drifts. Dang...

Comment

Sounds like we got out of there just in time. Dropped down from Brandon to Pilot mound on Teusday morning for 3 bull drop and a qick visit. Heading back north we pushed some old fart through the snow with his little car til he was home. Saw some lightning right in the middle of that blizzard. Hope everybody managed reasonably well.

Comment

East Central Alberta strikes out again. Zero, zilch nothing at all. Just cold winds blowing the last three days.

Comment

28 and sunny here in Eastern Ontario today, with 300 acres of corn left to plant and 200 of soybeans but I think we might be cutting hay in a week if this keeps up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...