• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rodeo bulls

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodeo bulls

I heard this morning that the Canadian rodeo bulls that were confiscated in the US last week are all to be slaughtered. Seems they were taken there illegally last fall. USDA have also apparently got approval to come up to Canada and kill the rest of the owners cattle (from who - CFIA?)with no compensation paid. There is talk that all bulls that have been in contact with the offending ones at US rodeos will be slaughtered too. If this is true it was obviously a stupid breach of the border closure and will do no good to anyone - but it frightens me that the USDA would be considering slaughtering anything other than the cattle that had entered the country illegally. Do they not understand yet that BSE is not an infectious disease?

maybe they should test the owner of the bulls for brain wasting diseases as well.

Comment

How did the bulls get across the line?

Comment

The owner of those bulls or whoever is responsible for them going south illegally, had better hope this has no effect on the border opening. If the USDA uses it as some kind of hair-brained excuse to prolong this thing, the owners are sure to be taught a new meaning for 'Rough Stock'.

Comment

If this did happen last fall why did it take so long to find them. Then just out of the blue they mention it now. How nice, this feels like another set-up!! I wonder what they will come up with next.

Comment

How did they ever get across? We had our cooler searched at the border last summer for beef. A sandwich is a lot smaller than a bull!

I heard on ranchers.net that the owners have property on both sides of the border. Maybe they just walked across on their own.

Comment

This just goes to point out what a silly situation the whole thing has become. These bulls aren't going down there for slaughter anyway...they are performers?
              How do you keep cows from crossing the border? Down in that Milk River country? I mean I've seen some pretty sad fences along that area. I met a guy once who lived at Wild Horse. If you've ever crossed the border there you know that there is nothing for miles and miles. You could cross cattle just about anytime you wanted.
              So much for Americas home land security!

Comment

From what I was told they had two bulls sandwiched in with a load of horses, not a 30 at one crack. Probably on their 15th trip across.

Comment

I look forward to someone writing a book on this. It's time to name names and have this owner stand up and be counted. This Coutt's border crossing is great, trouble is one can drive around it pretty easy. How do you think the rum runners did it?

Comment

The name I've heard is Kessler( spelling? ) brothers. Seems their career in smuggling goes back prior to last fall.

Comment

Kessler's are big time rodeo ruff stock breeders and have very deep pockets and own large ranchs in both Alberta and Montana.
                      The Canadian Goverment has opened up the boarder to live US Show Cattle and Rodeo Bulls.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...