• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCIA tags

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading over the various responses and concerns I could not help but wonder why the government is involved in the first place. Shouldn't it be up to the packers to require a trace back system if the market needs it? It begs the question, are the packers using the government to do it for them? I'm not anti-packer but would like to know. If they need such a program to market their products, why don't they require the producers and feeders to use the system instead of the government? Guarantees such as safe meat should not be taken for granted as they have been in the past. Such an assurance costs money consumers will have to pay if they are worried about diseases like BSE, and they should be. Granted producers are not going to go out their way to make consumers worry about the food they eat; it's up to them to educate themselves like it is with everything they (we) buy. Packing houses should spec what they will and will not buy shouldn't they? Every other industry does. I am only submitting these thoughts as another brain excercise that will hopefully lead to the best solution for everyone in the industry.

Comment

Why not use a tatto is that to simple they do not fall off

Comment

One of the goals for the CCIA program was for the ID to be readable in a fast moving packing plant situation, as that is where meat inspection is taking place. The concept of a Tattoo meets the retention problem, but does it does not work in a fast moving line, to be read and recorded at the same time. Also there is too much variability in the application of tattooes. I happened to read tattoo's at many 4-H events and some were down right impossible to read others were clear as a bell. Tattooes were considered in the early stages.

Comment

I'm happy to hear and see that CCIA have decided to hold off on the start up date. Sad to think that many think this is some subversive plot to control us. This is not a great idea, it is an idea and food quality and market guarantees are urgent. We could not eat our way out of a problem with our beef. This is not a great idea I like what I hear about the Australia plan. I would be much happier top see this. God forbid we ever have a problem like Foot and Mouth, Mad Cow or any thing even remotly hazerdous to our markets. Lets get some stuff happening. This is still a democracy, protecting one very precious product, a safe food, economically available to the world. Try to eat your way out of the production we have and still survive the econmic losses if our borders ever close and we have good beef or any thing else that we cannot sell to the rest of the world because of questionable product. We have nothing to be ashamed of, I still say this is not the best Idea. I prefer retena scan, or chip reading if they can do it for Cats, or ostrich why not in an aluminum kurl lock tag. not a dangle tag not a huge willow bush decoration or any other piece of junk Stop wasting our check off dollars, and the dollars that could be use for market development and cooperate with the rest of the world.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...