• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calving time

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a heifer that was supposed to be on her first calf this year G101 ...for whatever reason she had her first calf on May 30 2020 at 15 months of age and just had her second on April 12 2021. She had to have been bred the first time at like 4 months of age and hit on her first cycle after her first calf to back her up a month and a half...

Crazy.

BTW , woodland....deeelicious looking pictures!!!!!

Comment

Bucket........... what breed was this heifer of yours? I imagine an exotic......... Our blacks have only gotten calves bred on years where we moved the calving back a month or so. The last time it happened we had three bred calves and they all turned out fine. I think they became some of the best cows we had as they got slightly stunted but still had the full size genetics in them. Always like seeing a little 1100 lb cow leading a 600 lb calf home in the fall.

BTW Bucket .............. I don’t know what a “normal” critter of ours tastes like.😉 We only eat the ones we would have to give away at a sale like broken leg, cripple, prolapse, bug eye, etc...... Running low on hamburger and there’s a lame bull that’s been testing my patience lately................ mmmmmm meatballs 😎

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...