• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Registering the cows

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registering the cows

Let's see: We had to register our water, then our guns and now our cows! Maybe next year we'll need to register the air we breathe. Maybe we should just register everything! Register your pocketknife and your chain saw!
    This could be a good thing as it could give work to all the broke farmers. Why we could have fancy offices and secretaries and drive new government pickups! Where do I sign up?
    Recently I needed to get a water permit for a reclamation project out in the boonies. You would not believe the hoops you need to jump through for a couple of thousand gallons of water! Ocean and fisheries, Navigational waters! On a stagnant little creek that might have a few suckers in it!
    This is one bizarre country we live in!

Red tape everywhere. Our neighbours had to lay pipe four miles to find a water supply they were allowed to pump out of to fill their dugout.

We used to think we were lucky to have a creek in our pasture. Now we're not so sure. We need permission to do anything anywhere near it, and yet the Natural Resources officers send fishermen straight to our place when they ask where they can fly fish for trout. I haven't seen a trout since the 80's, and that was only one fish. We've seen many more fishermen than fish. We're joking about setting up a bait shop for some off farm income!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...