• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will pay?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"why should he [Rutherford],as a taxpayer, be responsible for bailing out cattlemen.

I see only one basic role of national government, that being defense of the country and its citizens. Canada has a proud military history. But one country can attack another country without using bombs and tanks. Countries can be attacked economically. Once the science indicated that our beef was safe after successful testing found a single case of BSE , once the issue became political, Canada was being attacked.

Canada and Canada’s beef industry is being attacked by the United States who are seeking to destroy our domestic beef industry while gaining a tactical advantage for their own producers and domestic beef industry. After the United States has sufficiently weakened the economic defenses of our beef industry they will come in and claim even more sectors of the beef economy as their own. The war will be won, and the Canadian beef producer will be defeated.

The proper role of the Canadian government is to defend the country by using whatever means are available. Yes there is a cost to the taxpayer for this defense. But most would agree that the government needs to provide direct logistical support to its soldiers, in this case the beef producers of this country. Without this support many units will be lost.

Yes there are weak kneed, namby pamby left leaning liberals in this country who don’t have the balls to stand up for the defense of Canada because it might cost them a tax dollar. Some will even say the fight isn’t worth it or the fight is too hard or we have already lost. But the rest of the nation will proudly stand up for Canada and continue to fight the good fight for the sake of the industry and the good of the country.

How’s that for a rant?

Comment

I still think that if we withheld product from the market even for a short time(2-4 weeks) we could have a great impact.Just think of all the people down the line that would be affected.Truckers,elevators,railways,processors,cr ushers,etc would all be at a standstill.Heck,there may not even be bread on the shelf at the grocery store.They would not have time to find replacement supply and surely everyone could go a couple weeks without cashflow.

Comment

Excellent rant rsomer. In an earlier post you mentioned Sheila and the Liberals. It was disheartening yesterday that when the rally was held in Ottawa in conjunction with the Western Cattle Drive truck arriving that there was not a single rep. from the Liberal gov't to address the people.

I suppose they were busy ensuring Svend's gay anti-hate bill passed. (Not that I am opposed to any anti-hate legislation but we can surely see where this govenments priorities are).

At least the day before there was a few Liberals that stood and voted with their conscience and against the "namby pamby" party line.

Wouldn't it be great if the "right" (C.A. and P.C.'s) actually did unite?

Comment

Very good "rant" Bruce 14. The only concern I have is with the CA and PC's. Over my 50 plus years the Tories seem to be as red as the other 2 parties. When disgruntled MP's want to defect they don't seen to know which of the of the 3 parties they want to join NDP, Lib, PC. I don't see a whole lot of difference.

Comment

rusty1, there is a very HUGE difference this time. The Liberals know they have absolutley no competition as long as the CA and PCs remain apart. ABSOLUTLEY no competition whatsoever. They will remain in power indefinitley.

I am sure willing to give somone else a try.

Comment

The P.C.'s and C.A have already united. The swing P.C. votes in Ontario and east that are left will go liberal before they will ever, ever go C.A.
              Stockwell was "Diefenbakered" ! Not at a convention, but in an election.
              And don't forget the bloc...who do you suppose there symathies lie with. Liberals or the west?

Comment

I suppose we should just resign ouselves to the next 12-16 years of Liberal rule. Martin for 2 terms as P.M. (he'll be too old after that) and then Mr. Excitment (Manley) to follow.
                All the while with Sheila and VanClief smirking in the background trying to figure out how to keep minorities and Quebec happy.

Let me out of here!!!!

Comment

Only one solution that I can see is to buy Liberal memberships and get on record as supporters of Paul Martin. Maybe we can influence his thinking that way. Oh my god!!!!!! I didn't say that did I? I guess I did, that is the harsh reality of the situation. We have to forget about principles it takes money to survive and lets face it we have to try and do something different. One thing I know for sure is that nobody will live long enough to see me have a good thing to say about Van Deaf our socalled agriculture minister.

Comment

Our best hope is that Martin will be a benign dictator as he is the only game in town. MacKay and Harper are going nowhere! Harper has turned a lot of people off with his blatant toadying to the Americans. You'd almost think he works for Bush or something. MacKay is pretty much an unknown although the whole David Orchard thing shows he's a typical sleazy politician.
                    I doubt Van Clief will be around in a Martin cabinet? I doubt Martin would keep someone who has done such a poor job. Maybe the senate or some other retirement plum?

Comment

And they died in mediocrity!!!

Come on, this is Canada and no matter what government we have or have had we have been able to overcome! If it takes a voice to make it happen, figure out how we can gain a "Grass Roots" voice. Time to get with a program everyone and stop looking at the negative!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...