• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walmart beef

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walmart beef

Just got home and going thru some sales flyers and on the front page of the Walmart flyer date Dec7th to Dec13th a very interesting and distrubing add.
    "Fresh Beef Eye of Round whole Roast.Cut from USDA Select or higher Graded beef #9310179/1796.

I think our days of shopping a Walmart are over effective above date Dec7.
    We cann't even sell our product in the largest chain in Canada. I don't what the rest of think but I think it time AB Beef Producers made a comment.

Don't expect ABP to condemn this forage - they can't
    it would go against everything they stand for.
    ABP/CCA are only mouthpieces for "the industry" ie
    the processing/retailing sectors and they have
    constantly asserted we have/must have, an integrated
    north American marketplace and we must have "free
    enterprise" although I think they are a bit sketchy on
    their definition of that phrase.
    Thing to remember is "we" (cattle producers) don't
    get to have any say on what gets sold where - if you
    are in the commodity cattle business and sell either
    calves or fed cattle you surrender any right to a stake,
    say or involvement in the beef "industry" at the point
    they are sold under our current setup. Don't expect
    CCA/ABP to stick up for the primary producer as they
    are part of the beef "industry" and we are not.

Question is why did it take you this long to decide to
    stop shopping at Walmart, lol

Comment

Decided a quite few years back not to spend a dollar at Walmart. Not because of this beef issue,but along line of issues.Just thought I would bring this to the for front regarding the US beef.And no I don't think ABP would even want to make a comment, they wouldn't say shit they had a mouth full.

Comment

Crap the world has come to an end 12/12/12 were
        Americans

Comment

Sorry Allfarmer. I went into town and the price of fuel is still Canadian. When the tax gets dropped on it and this country makes significant moves to become an actual 'business' country like the US, then I'll agree and likely jump for joy.

Rather than moaning, why not ask the Wal-mart manager? They don't sell meat at ours, so I don't know what goes on at others.

Comment

Before becoming a "business country", I sure hope that Canada learns from all the mistakes that the US has made. Don't think they make a very good business model to follow, except for what NOT to do.

Comment

Trade is a 2 way street. If our fats are going south we might expect beef to come back.

Comment

Thats right......... that good beef that Walmart sells might actually have grown up on a farm in Western Canada. BUT the American's are getting credit for its fine taste!

Comment

Nothing wrong with that. Like I say, Canadians aren't businessmen and can't market or see an opportunity that is blatantly visible.

Takes an American to see where a dollar can be made.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...