• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta Legislature Live On-Line Link

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta Legislature Live On-Line Link

http://assemblyonline.assembly.ab.ca/Guide.aspx?viewmode=4&categoryid=-1&currentdate=2012-10-29&eventid=2085&languagecode=12298#

Click on "view this clip" select video and or just audio... Find the date you wish to listen/view first.... this was the link for todays afternoon session, October 29, 2012....

It was wild in the legislature today with Zwodosky threatening Wildrose and NDP members several times! He threatened to not recognize them and let them speak.......uh well.... so much for that pesky democracy thing?

The Katz scandal deepens....this billionaire from Vancouver....sits on AIMCO(the Alberta investment fund!)....and he's busy financing the PC party!

On another note: Three lawyers got in touch with us today asking......Do you have any idea what Bill 2 will do to your property rights? How do we fight this?

Comment

For the Annual Financial Statement of AIMCO:

http://www.aimco.alberta.ca/pdf/AIMCo%202011-12%20Annual%20Report.pdf
      Velly interesting and yes Katz is listed as being on the BOD but only received $33,000 in compensation if I read this correctly.

Comment

Just to note:
        Bill 2 (creation of a one stop shop for oil and gas regulation) hasn't come on the radar for most people. Trust me...it will!

This "super regulator" will be a PRIVATE corporation with absolutely zero government control. The regulations have NOT been written. Once Bill 2 is passed the oil bureacrats will write the rules however they see fit....and you and me will live with them!

This is probably the most draconian piece of legislation in the "free world". It is a corporations wet dream....the ways and means to pay you whatever they like, to put wells and pipelines wherever they desire, to pollute to their hearts content!

This "super regulator" will be able to take your water for their hydro fracking, eliminate all hearings, and indeed take precedent on ALL land use!

Say goodbye to the Surface Rights Board!

The Super regulator board" will be appointed by the cabinet. In Alberta that means the board will be completely dominated by industry.....in other words farmers and ranchers will have no voice on what happens on their land!

When even big city lawyers are incensed by a piece of legislation....you know it isn't good?

In the coming months look for public information meetings, similar to the Keith Wilson/Joe Anglin meetings on the land theft bills, that travelled the province and directly led to 15 Wildrose MLAs being elected!

Comment

I am beginning to wonder if the best
          protection isn't to diversify land
          holdings into places like Russia, China
          or perhaps Venezuela.
          It is already challenging to face up to
          big oil (even small oil is generally
          well heeled). There is a reason the
          RCMP aren't responsible for crime and
          punishment regulation. I always thought
          that one of the key points of a
          democracy was separation of legislative