• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill 202 Out of Order

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill 202 Out of Order

I may be wrong on this, and I have written today to Dr. Neil Brown's office, Doug Horner's office and Rick Strankman's office for clarification:

Bill 202 is on todays (Thursday October 25, 2012) Order Papers for the fall legislative sitting. However, this is a private members bill and these bills can only be debated and discussed on Mondays afternoons (according to government websites - "Interim Members Guide" (section 96), and as told to Pat R. by Hon Doug Horner while he visited Special Areas a couple weeks ago. Pat R. told those of us at the ABP meeting that Doug Horner told those at this previous meeting (NOT open to the public) that Bill 202 was dead in the water, as it had no support from the Conservative Caucus...He also stated it would be discussed on a Monday only (as it was a Priv. Member's Bill). I guess we will see won't we. Perhaps this appearance on todays Order Papers is just a warning of future discussion or second reading (I doubt that); but, this is what I do not know for certain right now and will confirm.

However, should I stand correct, and this Private Members Bill is given second reading today, Thursday October 25, 2012, then it is officially "Out of Order" and the opposition must make this clear and demand proper procedure in the Legislative Assembly.

Interim Member's Guide (to Legislative Assembly):
    http://www.assembly.ab.ca/lao/MembersGuide/PDFVersion/interimguide.pdf

Here is an article from October 11, 2012 where-in Dr. Brown states:

""It should be noted that Bill 202
    will not affect grazing leases, grazing permits or other traditional uses of land by private operators. It will not affect existing practices for renewal, transfer, grants or sale of grazing leases on public land."

As submitted to the Legislature on May 24, 2012 Bill 202 DOES AFFECT all of these afore-mentioned dispositions. It is, to me, unthinkable to submit to the Leg. Assembly a Bill that is mis-worded ("oops the lawyers made a little mistake").... NO MISTAKE was made here. This is their agenda! If you have a truely supportable cause, then don't submit legislation until the writing in the Bill actually represents your intentions!

Article also states that the Premier remarked:

""It's not legislation that our caucus supports," Redford said to her supporters.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2012/10/20121012-153902.html

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...