• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIck Paskal's plea

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIck Paskal's plea

Can't help my thoughts about Rick's letter and the good old days when we sat together and created the Canada Gold project. Yes, I sat on the committee when the facilitator took notes about non conventional marketing and producer participation as well as all of the other things that will make a huge change in our industry.

When I suggested that the mostly feedlot based Canada Gold group join forces with a large producer group, I personally lost some ground when I introduced Mr. Kee Jim as Mr. Jim Key. Whooops.. LOL I think his red face meant that he wanted to take me out behind the hotel for more than our differences of opinion at the meetings.

My point is this. Rick has let loose his letter while sitting on his own groups plant. A plant that could open up to killing cattle in two weeks --- their own words. A plant that, even though they did not stay the course and keep the integration with the grassroots producer front and center, did shoot for one non conventional market. ONE. Banked all they had on the E.U. and when they were bullied out by political/multinational wrangling they shut down. Never even gave a second thought to marketing the reams of cattle that they had lined up with E.U. non implant passports as non implanted, E.U. passport cattle domestically.

HMMM.

The numerous savvy investors that we have approached for financing a plant over the past two years have all demanded a solid marketing plan with eggs going in more than one direction.

As I said to a high level government official yesterday who I am working on to sell the Producer ownership idea, No I am not smarter than Mr. Key Jim. Funny how that is the first response from people who don't know how to respond to me.

So you think you are smarter than all of the entrepreneurs in this business Mr. Kaiser???? LMAO

However, I do believe, just like old JC, that I am the chosen one...LMAO

I have studied and been part of every aspect of this industry for over thirty years. Bred (easy sicko's) and fed cattle, cut em up and have been wholesaling and retailing for ten plus years.

This will be the last day in a few that you wil have to put up with me during the day on Agriville as I got to get back to the store now that I have checked over the bulls on my ranch and talked with my two CBA partners in China and in the trenches, value adding at his Reddi Foods Inc. plant in the provincial government incubator at Leduc.

I was quite disappointed when the plant at Innisfail closed the beef line....but they were having problems selling "EU type beef". The last several months they were buying cows and trying to compete with XL and Cargill......not a good idea!
    They were only killing about 300 head a day(just what I heard) but they helped the local market.
    Most of the equipment in the Innisfail plant came from the old Canada Packers plant in Red Deer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...