• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who lost Lakeside - XL Foods or the CFIA? by Sheri Monk

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who lost Lakeside - XL Foods or the CFIA? by Sheri Monk

See the edited version on the next
    thread.
    Sheri asked for this article to be
    removed.

<a href="http://sherimonk.com/who-lost-lakeside-xl-foods-or-the-cfia/"target="blank">
    http://sherimonk.com/who-lost-lakeside-
    xl-
    foods- or-the-cfia/ </a>

Agriville

Well researched and well written Sheri, may I share this with a few others?

Comment

Thanks Sheri. You laid the facts out very well. Time for Harper to have a little talk with Ritz out behind the barn!

Comment

Don't use that - I've edited it a little since then, just to
        clean it up a little and make it read easier.
        I'll post a new thread with the link, as I a, hopeful this
        one will just get deleted.

It's better for traffic to my site, and that way people
        can share it easier if they just go there.

Comment

Sheri - Very well researched and very well written!

But a very scary message in so many ways. To have them all listed in one place is almost more than a fella can take! You shoulda had a "heart attack" warning at the start!

Comment

Cudos Sheri on putting all these events in perspective. We finally have some numbers and documentation rather than the chest pounding and rhetorical theatrics of those with political agendas. I'd like to once again put forward a sugestion that I posted on Rick's blog
            "There's lots of blame and finger pointing but common to these threads is that XL screwed up and CFIA was asleep on their watch.
            XL probably won't/can't reopen Lakeside on their own and we still need slaughter capacity in Canada.
            I would suggest that we have an independent audit from a "credible" firm on the requirements/changes needed to re-open the Lakeside facility so that there is public confidence in the product produced by the plant."
            I have been critical of XL in the past and still reject the idea of a government bail-out but I will give credit to the Nilssons as very sharp and shrewd businessmen (too shrewd for me as they don't even leave crumbs on the table) but I believe that they probably want/need the plant to re-open as much as anyone in the cattle business. I agree with Sheri that their days may be numbered as re-opening/running XL by themselves but if an independent audit was conducted and findings were favorable about the logistics of timely start-up, there may be a way forward. At this time, the Nilsson Bros may be open to a sale of 51% of the Lakeside packing plant.
            I feel that I am on the same page as Sheri when I say that CFIA under its current management is not in a position to conduct this evaluation.
            XL has accepted their responsibility but we have not seen anything resembling an apology from CFIA.
            Once again Sheri, thanks for all your hard work...you've probably created as many questions as answers...keep us posted

Comment

A good read on the situation Cam. We definitely need a truly "independent review".....unfortunately with Thomas Muclair sceaming for the same thing (and canning Ritz)...it is unlikely? Stephen never admits he's wrong! Never.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...