• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inspector training

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspector training

I was reading on CFIA's web site about the qualifications to become a meat inspector. They demand pretty high standards of education and training. GOOD.

My question is: Do the company inspectors that are doing thier job require the same level of education and training?

Also does anyone know how many actual XL inspectors are on the floor at any given time? I understand that CFIA inspectors are only monitoring the work of the company inspectors. Am I right?

Here's what the CFIA said to the Senate last week about the level of training of the CFIA inspectors at Lakeside:

"You will be interested to know that at the XL plant only a small portion of inspectors are fully trained in CVS.

That’s right.

More than four years after CVS was introduced, most inspectors there have not been trained in how to use it."

Comment

CVS is just another gov't paper trail for CFIA employees.
      I question the actual labor force doing the physical inspection of the animals, meat and facilities?

This is the training for a ER (food/meat) inspector I ask about. Taken straight from the CFIA web site.

Education

The minimum educational requirement for CFIA inspectors is a post-secondary diploma with specialization in the technical sciences. In some circumstances, the Agency will give preference to applicants with a university degree.

Classification: EG
      Salary Range: $39,550 to $97,522
      Effective: January 1, 2010

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...