• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a question.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a question.

Can I access APP funds without going through a feeder assn. and having to rebrand my calves? If so, how?

Don't know about BC but in Alberta you have to go through a feeder association but the calves do not need to be branded.

Comment

In Alberta, do you have to rebrand your own calves if you put them on a feeder contract. Here we do. In Alberta, can you get the APP funds through the feeder assn without putting the calves on a feeder contract?
      I will have to see if the same rules apply on this side of the rocks.

Comment

I'm not too sure what you mean by "putting them on a feeder contract". The info for APP program is available at:
        http://www.bcbfa.ca/advancepaymentsprograms.htm
        I had a quick scan of the forms and they look very similar to the ones they use in AB.

Comment

Some guys over here borrow money from the feeder assn on their own calves and technically retain ownership of them. Since the assn needs security the borrower is required to brand the cattle with the feeder assn iron. Hence, "putting them on a feeder contract". What I didn't get out of the website was if you can get the APP funds from the Canadian livestock Advance Assn with the exsisting brand as security. I'll phone them tommorow, but thought I would ask if someone knew the ropes over this weekend.
          Thanks

Comment

I was told that I had to brand them, therefore I opted not to do it.

Comment

APP funds administered by BC Breeder & Feeder Assn. Do NOT have to rebrand cattle.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...