• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Analysis of news article in Alberta Farmer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analysis of news article in Alberta Farmer

I want to point out some comments and omissions from the front page article of the Alberta Farmer entitled, "Funeral Pyre images haunt conference - animal health officials ask if North America is ready for a major livestock diseases outbreak."

You'll have to have the article in front of you to get my points, I'm not going to retype their comments - I'm just giving my take on their way of putting things:

2nd paragraph contains reference to "terrorists brought down World Trade Centre".......[should say, how 3 towers fell that day, two hit by planes as well as Building 7 - a 42 story tower that fell perfectly upon its footprint/foundation in a classic controlled demolition manner. Building 7 housed offices for FBI, CIA, Security Exchange investigators etc.

comment designed to put you in a state of "fear" and "impending doom".

9th paragraph states that disease could be spread on "any of the 35,000 cattle and swine shipments moving every day in the US. Without GPS or radar on livestock trucks, no one would know precisely where those shipments were at a given moment."

comment designed to make you think that all livestock transport trucks need to be monitored with GPS to ensure safety. I guess they don't trust that the livestock in the trucks will get to where they are intended to go. Food safety means these trucks need to be tracked.

11th paragraph states "a massive cull might be necessary" adding more fear to the article.

Now here is the part that irked me to write this thread.

page 2, "Animals from page 1,"

1st paragraph discusses what happened in UK in 2001 FMD outbreak, states "an estimated six million animals, many uninfected, were destroyed and their bodies either buried or burned."

Yes, and not one of the bovines destroyed were tested for BSE, not one sheep for scrapie. They were killed and the evidence destroyed. The burning pyres were fueled by Canadian railway ties that were pre-shipped and waiting at the docks, along with the pre-ordered "lorries" to haul around the carcasses and railway ties. Wasn't that convenient for the government of the UK. They just happened to have these creosote soaked railway ties on hand. Dr. Vitaly Vodyanoy states in his USA patent application 20070122799 that creosote can destroy prions.

The latest outbreak of FMD in the UK came from a release of the agent from a government laboratory. A small quarantine resulted and the massive cull was not implemented. Of course, the 2001 cull got rid of most the cows that would have registered BSE positive. (due in my opinion, to Chernobyl fallout - and their warble eradication OP program)

8th paragraph (page 2): tells us not to be lulled into a false sense of security and again brings up the twin towers.

More fear-mongering, and they again fail to mention Building 7 that fell for no reason, and which the BBC reported collapsed - over 20 minutes BEFORE it fell, oops!

9th paragraph (page 2): "It doesn't matter if a foreign animal disease, such as FMD, classical swine fever or avian influenza, is introduced deliberately or accidentally."

Well actually, it does matter to some of us. Again, they failed to mention how the government vaccine laboratory released FMD in the UK last year. Also, there is no mention in this article that the USDA is moving their high security animal disease lab from "Plumbe Island" off the coast of New York, to a new lab in the heart of the USA continent. The location has yet to be chosen, but many states are lobbying FOR the lab. This lab handles all the highest security animal diseases.... and they want to put it in Nebraska, or some other central state. Why move it off the isolated island? and in the heart of cattle country.

11th paragraph (page 2): Dr. Kitching admits the UK FMD outbreak of 2001 was handled wrong and states that they killed the animals on a scale that was "a suspension of common sense".

True, but controlling FMD wasn't the main agenda - hiding post feed-ban(s) cases of BSE was the real reason for the lack of common sense.

13th paragraph (page 2): Jim Leafsedt, a South Dakota farmer and president of the USA Animal Health Association states, "It's my opinion we will not see the funeral pyres. We will see increased vaccination and injection"

Well, probably, as the pharmaceuticals companies are only hell bent on vaccines for disease, or test kits. Although I wouldn't be so sure about the lack of funeral pyres.... the railway line boardering our farm is set to be closed in 3 years and CN is already removing side tracks. Maybe we should watch what they do with the creosote soaked railway ties... who buys them - where they end up.

Please don't get me wrong... planning for these disasters is necessary. However, some disasters are not "accidents", and some strategies have multiple reasons/outcomes.

At the bottom of page 2 in this issue, you may also want to read the article "FMD response systems vary with the country". This article discusses the "chain of command" for action when a foreign animal disease emergency occurs in North America. There is a push to integrate the Canadian and USA response plans.

Dr. Paul Kitching of the CFIA states, "We're totally dependent on the farmers,"

- and the CFIA and others don't like feeling helpless. They want control. They want GPS on all livestock trucks, they want to be able to inspect our farms, review our records, and tell us when and with what to vaccinate our animals.

So the immune system that God gave us, and our livestock, continues to be bombarded with injections containing toxic metals, and potentially deadly virus-like-particles.

The Suffield base in SE Alberta is working with/on biological and chemical weapons, including West Nile virus, anthrax, small pox, polio, mustard gas etc..... and don't forget that they are a proving grounds for new conventional weapons (being the largest base in the Western Hemisphere). What have the released into our environment? Do you really think they will step up to the plate and say their sorry for releasing that toxic agent (past, present and future incidents)..... It damn well matters who releases these agents, especially when our own governments are messing with them.

Kathy,

I won’t disagree with you on the 9/11 conspiracy theory as there certainly seems to be some pretty convincing evidence to back it.

Of course we don’t need GPS or radar on trucks, that’s nonsense, but I would argue strongly that we do need a workable tracking system so that animals can be rapidly traced in the event of a disease outbreak. What we have now is an outdated joke, after a few weeks you can track down most of a cows relatives and contacts – maybe. This is not good enough in the case of a foot and mouth type disease outbreak.

Onto the FMD outbreak… in fact closer to 10 million animals were slaughtered than the “official” 6 million. Worst affected was the sheep sector and with it being spring when this hit many were busy lambing. The compensation was paid per adult sheep so no-one counted the lambs. So for each sheep slaughtered they also slaughtered around 1.5 lambs in addition. I’m not positive if this also applied to cow/calf pairs.
    With respect there was no way these animals could have been BSE tested – they were making such a mess of the cull they would have been even further behind if they had to test for BSE. Of course they didn’t test for scrapie – no one gets real excited about it in the UK unlike in North America. Sure, they now have scrapie monitoring at the seedstock ram selling level but there has never been any interest in testing run of the mill sheep for scrapie either at the slaughter point or at a post mortum.

I think you are really out to lunch on the idea the FMD outbreak was started to get rid of post ban BSE cases. I agree that the outbreak was deliberately started, of that there is no doubt in my mind, but it was done merely to downsize the livestock industry. In 2000/2001 the UK had already negotiated new export access to mainland Europe for BSE tested OTM cattle so they did not really fear getting extra cases at that stage. More importantly BSE was so far of the radar screen of Government and consumers by 2000 that it was a total non–issue.

I also don’t buy your Chernobyl theory. As I have stated many times on here before I believed Purdy was certainly onto something from early on in the BSE situation in the UK. Undoubtedly he was closer to the truth than the “official theory” fairy story. However, what has held back the acceptance of his theories as retold by some of his followers is that they totally rule out feed transmission. The other side are just as bad claiming feed transmission is the only factor and ignoring the fact it needed an original cause.
    You need to have a better understanding of the evidence in the UK. Their cattle herd was comprised of three parts – a sizeable dairy herd, a large beef cow herd that were beef x dairy animals e.g. limo x Holstein and a smaller straight beef herd like we have in Canada (no dairy blood). The disease was virtually confined to animals in the first two categories with a miniscule number in the straight beef herd. Now there are two possible reasons for this – one is greater genetic susceptibility in dairy blooded animals. The more likely explanation was that the BSE was in fact caused/spread by something in the milk replacer that all the dairy farm originated calves were reared on. On our own operation we had around 100 all beef cows with all heifers retained or sold for replacements every year. We never had a case of BSEin our herd or in any of our customers herds. We also reared around 15 pail bunter angus x Holstein calves per year and two of these went on to develop BSE in the herds we sold them to. Apart from milk replacer these calves were treated exactly the same as our other calves. No one has yet been able to explain to me how this disease virtually affected only dairy bred animals.

As far as Chernobyl fallout, I know all the farms in my area that had sheep that tested positive and one or two that still do. They are all on granite hills, most of the hills there are not granite so I guess it attaches to granite better? These were all high hill farms, the sheep were never positive on the low ground presumably because the soil/rock etc was different. No dairy cows were ever on these hills, in fact if any of these hills had cows on them at all they were extreme beef cows eg Galloways. I’m pretty sure if you pull the evidence none of these farms that had the radioactive sheep, in my area, ever had a BSE case

Comment

Kathy, if you believe that everything connected with animal disease such as FMD and BSE in GB, is a "conspiracy" then I am sorry, I will have to disbelieve "everything" that you have written regarding BSE and your "heavy metal" influence theories of disease causation.

The 9/11 conspiracy BS is just too much to swallow as well.

Your theories are too close to the "Twilight Zone" scenarios...so ta ta.

Comment

Don't believe me. Live happily in your pretend environment. What is a conspiracy? Why use that word, unless you are just too uncomfortable to do your own research... reading, listening, watching documentaries, and various opinions.

Damn straight its hard to swallow. That doesn't make it wrong. Just open your eyes, and pay attention. That's all I ask. Hind-sight is going to show you that the impossible is possible.

Comment

ohhhhhhhh Mulder, is it really true?

Trust No One Dear

Comment

grassfarmer, your thread is very interesting. The downsizing of herds in the UK was a strategic plan in all cases. I heard about how the young were not counted. My heart breaks for what the people went through.

RE: my chernobyl theory - while I came to some of this concept on my own, the data which I have is not mine. A fellow from europe sent me the soil sampling data and the correlation between BSE and cesium matches perfectly. Will his paper ever get published???

FMD, or anthrax, take your pick. Either way... here in Canada if the BSE test goes into the labs from an area that has had anthrax recently... the anthrax test is run first and if its positive... the BSE test is forgotten. No further testing is done. So infectious disease outbreaks are advantageous for some, either way you look at them. Of course, the ranchers affected don't feel this way.

The latest UK FMD outbreak (which admittedly came from a vaccine lab)... was handled with much cooler heads. The vaccine protocol is then implemented, like the anthrax vaccine protocol here, within a set distance from the positive cases.

I want to ask the question here:

How do you kill or have modified live vaccines, when a virus is not a living organism?

Further study is being performed on what other minerals, or lack of minerals exists in them there hills where diseases like BSE, CWD occur.

Comprehensive analysis is required, not just looking at one or two items. The immune system required many minerals/metals and balance is key.

I wouldn't say BSE is off the radar in the UK or Europe. It depends on who is doing the talking. While government might be avoiding much discussion on the topic (with all these military conflicts taking up all their time)... the general public is still running from red meat because of the propaganda.

Consumption by many scientists of any product is still considered to be "outside the body". Isn't that wild. These docs consider the digestive track "the outside". So they only consider inside to be what can get past the mechanisms in the digestive system.

These mechanisms are very specific and the experimental transmission studies need to treat the prion homogenate in order to get it to pass this barrier. The grinding of meat and bones into MBM would not have provided enough of a breakdown of the proteins, however, it would add some metal from the grinders themselves. They do wear-down and the metals can't all be trapped by magnets; especially the microsopic particles.

Dr. P. Paquet showed that the distal ileum (Peyer's Patches) preferentially accumulated uranium:

Toxicology. 2006 Oct 29;227(3):227-39. Epub 2006 Aug 17.

Absorption, accumulation and biological effects of depleted uranium in Peyer's patches of rats.

Dublineau I, Grison S, Grandcolas L, Baudelin C, Tessier C, Suhard D, Frelon S, Cossonnet C, Claraz M, Ritt J, Paquet P, Voisin P, Gourmelon P.
            IRSN, Direction de la RadioProtection de l'Homme, Service de Radiobiologie et d'Epidémiologie, Laboratoire de Radiotoxicologie expérimentale, IRSN, BP 17, F-92262 Fontenay-aux-Roses Cedex, France. isabelle.dublineau@irsn.fr

The digestive tract is the entry route for radionuclides following the ingestion of contaminated food and/or water wells. It was recently characterized that the small intestine was the main area of uranium absorption throughout the gastrointestinal tract. This study was designed to determine the role played by the Peyer's patches in the intestinal absorption of uranium, as well as the possible accumulation of this radionuclide in lymphoid follicles and the toxicological or pathological consequences on the Peyer's patch function subsequent to the passage and/or accumulation of uranium. Results of experiments performed in Ussing chambers indicate that the apparent permeability to uranium in the intestine was higher (10-fold) in the mucosa than in Peyer's patches ((6.21 /-1.21 to 0.55 /-0.35)x10(-6)cm/s, respectively), demonstrating that the small intestinal epithelium was the preferential pathway for the transmucosal passage of uranium. A quantitative analysis of uranium by ICP-MS following chronic contamination with depleted uranium during 3 or 9 months showed a preferential accumulation of uranium in Peyer's patches (1355% and 1266%, respectively, at 3 and 9 months) as compared with epithelium (890% and 747%, respectively, at 3 and 9 months). Uranium was also detected in the mesenteric lymph nodes ( approximately 5-fold after contamination with DU). The biological effects of this accumulation of depleted uranium after chronic contamination were investigated in Peyer's patches. There was no induction of the apoptosis pathway after chronic DU contamination in Peyer's patches. The results indicate no change in the cytokine expression (Il-10, TGF-beta, IFN-gamma, TNF-alpha, MCP-1) in Peyer's patches and in mesenteric lymph nodes, and no modification in the uptake of yeast cells by Peyer's patches. In conclusion, this study shows that the Peyer's patches were a site of retention for uranium following the chronic ingestion of this radionuclide, without any biological consequences of such accumulation on Peyer's patch functions.

PMID: 16978755

Comment

"How do you kill or have modified live vaccines,
              when a virus is not a living organism?"

Whether a virus is or is not a living organism is a
              current biological DEBATE. Its certainly nothing
              even remotely set in stone. While a virus does not
              contain cells, it does contain DNA/RNA and
              proteins. Its also able to replicate. So in other
              words, its very easy to create vaccines as the body
              is able to recognize the virus whether its killed or
              not. Obviously vaccines, including killed ones,
              work very well, as we've managed to eradicate many
              viral diseases that were prevalent in North America
              in previous centuries.

Rod

Comment

Kathy, I note you didn't provide an explanation as to why BSE was overwhelmingly a dairy disease in the UK.
                I'm not sure what you mean by the statement "Further study is being performed on what other minerals, or lack of minerals exists in them there hills where diseases like BSE, CWD occur." If you are referring to the UK I would reiterate that BSE was not a disease that occurred on hill farms, unlike the Chernobyl contaminated sheep which very much was confined to some of the hill farms.
                BSE IS totally off the radar in the UK and the rest of Europe.... the general public is NOT running from red meat because of the propaganda about BSE. This is so yesterday it's not worth mentioning in Europe.

On the topic of modified live vaccines I don't know how common knowledge it is but there is a problem emerging with one of them. A couple of cases I'm aware of where a herd has 50% of their (un-vaccinated) heifers come up open but the older cows settle OK. It seems the BVD component in the MLV has passed something they refer to as a mutated strain 2 BVD onto the bull who in turn passes it to the heifers. Thus far blood samples off the bulls come back BVD negative when run through an animal vet lab but show a positive when tested at a hospital virus lab. Unless you have an exceptionally open minded vet don't bother asking them about it as it seems they learn their science from the vaccine company literature.

Comment

The study of the soil samples is being done, some work has come out but the work I have seen (unpublished as of yet) is from another european country and the BSE rates correlate directly to those districts with the highest cesium soil concentrations.

The dairy cow is more susceptible to these diseases, just as the dogs in Dr. Hamir's study... low calcium levels. Heavy lactation reduces available calcium, and other minerals take the place of Calcium. Milk replacers have high levels of manganese.

There are no live vaccines, no modified live. The Virus-Like Particles can contain some of the DNA or RNA fragments associated with the virus, or they can be just the protein caspid shell. Either way, these PARTICLES, for the most part in vaccines, are adhered to metal particles usually mercury or aluminum. Injecting these metals directly into our body/bloodstream, by-passing the natural immune system is wrong. EG, the Gardasil HPV vaccine contains massive amounts of aluminum that is not adhered to anything. But is will get into cells, lymph system, etc. and do what - in the long run.

What kind of prices are UK ranchers getting for their meat that they can put BSE behind them? Or is the government controlling them too, with handouts?

Comment

"What kind of prices are UK ranchers getting for their meat that they can put BSE behind them?"
                    Record highs - fat cattle are trading higher than they have ever been in the UK. Fats are averaging the equivilent of over $135 across the country with highs at over $150. Bear in mind the high Canadian dollar also - using the exchange rate that has prevailed over the last ten years would lift the average price to over $150!
                    These are prices from the marketplace - handouts would be on top. And all this despite around 60 cases of BSE over the last 3 years or so.

You say "the dairy cow is more susceptible to these diseases" how does that explain one of the very few cases of BSE in a Galloway cow on an estate in my area. They had a dairy herd as well as a purebred Galloway herd run separate across a diverse landbase on a large estate. One Galloway cow developed BSE - surprise, surprise on investigation her mother had died and this calf was raised as a pail bunter along with the replacement dairy heifers. You've a long way to go to convince me that BSE was not spread through milk replacer in the UK - thee is just too much evidence pointing to that conclusion.

Comment

High level of manganese in milk replacer hey.. Not one simple answer to the BSE question folks...Milk replacer could have caused some of the cases and pour on insecdicides could have caused others. Once a country begins to test, the opportunty to find other sources of metal imbalance will show as well. How about our own Alberta cases showing up in areas with environmental problems of there own.

Comment

Not saying the milk replacer had nothing to do with the BSE, just that it was a source of imbalanced minerals at a time when the animals brain is developing rapidly.

Explain how a young heifer on our farm seems to have had a calf that was selenium deficient (? white muscle disease) while others have been OK? Did she not eat the minerals as much as the other cows?

We had a couple other oddities here, both within a few days of each other. We had an older cow (in great shape) give birth to a live healthy calf - except it has a short kinked tail, and NO eyeballs. That same week a first calf heifer had a live calf with a short kinked tail, its rectum coming out the umbilical area, and NO anus (opening at the back).

The timing of these two calves indicates that they were both exposed to something in the environment that may have deformed their calves at that particular stage of development. Then again, maybe it is just flukes of nature.

Any other ranchers having such problems, please feel free to call me or send me a message here. I can have no idea if there are occurrences of a similar nature in nearby herds, unless we communicate. A pattern can't be found without looking for it.

A reason cannot be narrowed down without viewing all possible evidence. Vets office was useless.

Transmission experiments (BSE CWD et al) by prion researchers are so convulted and technically messed up, they are not, cannot, replicate natural consumption practices. The usage of natural growth hormones also stopped in the UK (synthetics were developed)... the pituitary gland bio-accumulates heavy metals... if you medically/pharmaceutically mess with the proteins you can potentially release the causative agent (metals) and redistribute them to new victims. Perhaps the Galloway cow was given beef growth hormones, and not the dairy cows? who knows. We will keep vigilant and learn as much as we can as we go. That is all we can do.

Have you read Mark Purdey's book, Animal Pharm? I can send you one, or you can check via the library system to get one... I've donated several dozen across the province.

Comment

Interesting thread.

Just have a comment on this thought.

- and the CFIA and others don't like feeling helpless. They want control. They want GPS on all livestock trucks, they want to be able to inspect our farms, review our records, and tell us when and with what to vaccinate our animals.

There is already GPS on most trucks, at least those belonging to companies that have any size to them. My brother is a trucker, and his dispatcher can locate him any time he wants. It's not at the request of any government agency, either. It's the way these companies track their shipments.

Comment

No Kathy, the galloway would not have been given growth hormone - it was well after the hormone ban in Europe and they wouldn't have been feeding it to a purebred potential female in any case.
                            I haven't read Purdey's book but will endeavor to do so. Will get it from the library - thanks for donating those.

As for birth abnormalities I have one that may interest you - it was back in the Chernobyl year ('86 was it?)The accident happened in May if I remember correctly and we had a few fall calvers that year (August) one of them had the strangest calf I ever saw. Head, shoulder and front legs were normal but it had a second pair of full size legs attached to the rib cage just behind the front legs. The back of the rib cage just tailed off into slime and cleansing. It was born dead of course and I just buried it in a hole on the hill. Was that a Chernoybl side affect or just one in a million?

Comment

Kato, the question is, will the trucking companies share their information with everybody on the location of their trucks... as we are being asked to share our information on our cattle?

Tracking of cattle has worked, and continues to work well with branding and sales receipts. However, if you want to 'track' the products and meds used on/in the cattle and their effect upon the carcass/tissues then you need the ranchers/feedlots to tell ALL on a data base.

Dr. W... (a vet) stated that the quality starts here program was "a gimmic" for the organic industry. In other words, the QSH program was for tracking all the products used on cattle. I thought government and the pharmaceutical companies had already confirmed these products were safe. What's the problem? Are we seeing synergistic interactions with unfavourable results?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...