• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Purdey had it right!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Purdey had it right!

Hi Kathy,

I read the AgriStability Participant Declaration you are taliking about. It sure does appear to be a bit over the top. It also is limited to Alberta. This declaration is not required anywhere else in Canada, as far as I can determine. Seems that Fast Eddie's troops don't trust y'all to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth when it comes to subsidy money.

As for Mark Purdey, I read Animal Pharm closely and with great interest and recommend it to all and sundry. Excellent read. Interesting man. I have some personal experience with having people not read the material, and even if they do to wilfully misconstrue it. Frustrating indeed.

I wonder what Mr. Purdey would have made of the recent attack rate studies as well as the recent dissection studies that demonstrate the movement of the misfolded prion protein from the Peyer's patches through the central nervous system and finally to the brain over time as the disease progresses? I very much wish he and I had the opportunity to chat. We all have to go, but he had to leave a bit too soon for my liking.

All the best.

Hi Kathy,

I am curious, do you make a living with all the research you do in this subject area or is it a hobby? I have followed this argument on Ranchers and it is obvious you have thoroughly researched this subject. As with any real science the truth eventually comes out. Even then it is usually refuted and denied. The science truly is important but I am interested in selling a product. A safe product yes, but also a product my customer believes is safe.

Phil

Comment

Hay Kathy, we were due to start April 20th as well and as of today we have almost 1/4 of the 100 head here at home calved out. Dropping like radioactive fallout in Iraq in this lovely weather. So far we are up one as we had three sets of twins but only managed to save one complete set.

Good on you for keeping us up on the work begun by Mark. I have Mark's book but have not had time to get in to it much yet.

Comment

Phil,

I make my living selling cattle. Since May 2003, we have been in the business of selling yearlings off grass in the fall, and occasionally giving away our old or dry cows at auction.

The research is just an area of huge interest to me. It's hard to explain why I care soo much, I just do.

The only thing that will free us from our shackles, is the truth. The consumer will demand their food be protected from pollutants, chemicals and fallout - but only if they know that these products are causing harm.

If everyone sits back on the couch and believes all that the slick commercials tell us about their drugs, and chemicals - we will never get rid of the toxic crap that is creating disease.

The pharmaceutical industry has a few good soldiers, but for the most part... they are a solution looking for a problem. What better way to sell drugs/treatments than to create the diseases to start with. It is perfect corporate capitalism, with no morals.

I am living two lives in one body, or so it feels. The researcher and activist, and the rancher/mother.

Since 1998 when my own government came after all the "welfare cowboys" {so named by former Alberta premier Ralph Klein} re: the grazing lease issue, living on the ranch has taken a different tone, and it ISN'T a good feeling! Cancer in 2002, and BSE in 2003 made me look at my farm life with less foundness and an acute awareness that every day sees some new control measure dumped on us.

Take for example the Agristability program. Have you seen the "Applicant Declaration" document? It is a blood-oath! You will be signing away your freedom forever. The government will have complete access to your farm and farm records - FOREVER, no matter what material or non-material changes they make to AgriStability. Clause 12 states your obligations will survive your termination from the program/or termination of the program itself.

[AFSC's ?] Lawyers have drafted this document, and are fully aware that they are asking you to sign a "floating document". You sign it, and your farm will float in the direction the government tells it to.

One lady from AFSC, basically said to me, "If you take government handouts, you surrender your privacy and rights."

Sorry lady, not me! We won't sign.

Comment

Thanks Kathy. Kinda interesting how the status quo establishment creates strong activists. Good to have you aboard.

Comment

Hi Kathy,

I read the AgriStability Participant Declaration you are taliking about. It sure does appear to be a bit over the top. It also is limited to Alberta. This declaration is not required anywhere else in Canada, as far as I can determine. Seems that Fast Eddie's troops don't trust y'all to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth when it comes to subsidy money.

As for Mark Purdey, I read Animal Pharm closely and with great interest and recommend it to all and sundry. Excellent read. Interesting man. I have some personal experience with having people not read the material, and even if they do to wilfully misconstrue it. Frustrating indeed.

I wonder what Mr. Purdey would have made of the recent attack rate studies as well as the recent dissection studies that demonstrate the movement of the misfolded prion protein from the Peyer's patches through the central nervous system and finally to the brain over time as the disease progresses? I very much wish he and I had the opportunity to chat. We all have to go, but he had to leave a bit too soon for my liking.

All the best.

Comment

cpallette - you can look up a study on the Peyer's Patches via the Entrez Pubmed search engine.

Toxicology. 2006 Oct 29;227(3):227-39. Epub 2006 Aug 17.

Absorption, accumulation and biological effects of depleted uranium in Peyer's patches of rats.

Dublineau I, Grison S, Grandcolas L, Baudelin C, Tessier C, Suhard D, Frelon S, Cossonnet C, Claraz M, Ritt J, Paquet P, Voisin P, Gourmelon P.
              IRSN, Direction de la RadioProtection de l'Homme, Service de Radiobiologie et d'Epidémiologie, Laboratoire de Radiotoxicologie expérimentale, IRSN, BP 17, F-92262 Fontenay-aux-Roses Cedex, France. isabelle.dublineau@irsn.fr

The digestive tract is the entry route for radionuclides following the ingestion of contaminated food and/or water wells. It was recently characterized that the small intestine was the main area of uranium absorption throughout the gastrointestinal tract. This study was designed to determine the role played by the Peyer's patches in the intestinal absorption of uranium, as well as the possible accumulation of this radionuclide in lymphoid follicles and the toxicological or pathological consequences on the Peyer's patch function subsequent to the passage and/or accumulation of uranium. Results of experiments performed in Ussing chambers indicate that the apparent permeability to uranium in the intestine was higher (10-fold) in the mucosa than in Peyer's patches ((6.21 /-1.21 to 0.55 /-0.35)x10(-6)cm/s, respectively), demonstrating that the small intestinal epithelium was the preferential pathway for the transmucosal passage of uranium. A quantitative analysis of uranium by ICP-MS following chronic contamination with depleted uranium during 3 or 9 months showed a preferential accumulation of uranium in Peyer's patches (1355% and 1266%, respectively, at 3 and 9 months) as compared with epithelium (890% and 747%, respectively, at 3 and 9 months). Uranium was also detected in the mesenteric lymph nodes ( approximately 5-fold after contamination with DU). The biological effects of this accumulation of depleted uranium after chronic contamination were investigated in Peyer's patches. There was no induction of the apoptosis pathway after chronic DU contamination in Peyer's patches. The results indicate no change in the cytokine expression (Il-10, TGF-beta, IFN-gamma, TNF-alpha, MCP-1) in Peyer's patches and in mesenteric lymph nodes, and no modification in the uptake of yeast cells by Peyer's patches. In conclusion, this study shows that the Peyer's patches were a site of retention for uranium following the chronic ingestion of this radionuclide, without any biological consequences of such accumulation on Peyer's patch functions.

PMID: 16978755

The Peyer's Patches are the site in the distal ileum, considered SRMs. These cells are preferentially accumulating depleted uranium. hmmm

When the DU accumulates, it didn't induce programmed cell death "aptosis". The nature of cells is to take charged metal particles and reduce them. When this happens the metals are reduced to metal oxides (nanoparticle in size). The specification of the Peyer's Patches as Specified Risk Material is for this reason. (my opinion)

The transmission experiments for TSEs take the brain tissue, homogenate it (liquify), treat it with digestive enzymes to destroy the properly folded proteins, they filter the remainder, and do God knows what else to it. Then just before they inject it, or drench it (into an empty digestive system)... they hit it with "sonication" to excite the molecules and super-charge the metal ions (it also can break apart the prion fibrils which are necessary for transmission).

The animals mucosa in the digestive system will want to take these metals in, because there is no organic material for it to bind with in the intestines, and this process works by osmosis (balancing act of the metals). The metals are then transported through the blood and lymphatic system.

Studies have shown that uranium will make it to the brain, especially in very young animals (before the blood brain barrier fully develops). Chemicals, like organophosphates, can also help to open up the blood brain barrier.

Once the brain is contaminated with the supercharged metals, the cells will attempt to reduce them to oxide form. When this happens, the metal oxides then nucleate proteins to them, because of their heavy metal (chemical) nature. This will result in a changed tertiary structure, and lack of function of the protein.

Then in time, the uranium particles will decay, releasing millions of electron volts inside the brain. Frying the cell its attached to, and many bystander cells. The ones that don't die, will have such a jolt of energy, that it will trigger a response to protect themselves from this ionizing radiation (thus the upregulation of certain protective proteins, like the manganese based SuperOxide Dismutase).

If you don't think this doesn't harm the function of the brain, your blind.

Mark would be having a hay-day with the new information.

IT is time to stop mining uranium. And it is time, to stop the military from manufacturing, testing and using depleted uranium weapons (they still call them conventional weapons). The solution to this problem is not dilution. Dilution of the uranium will only result in the closing of more "premises", and many more related chronic diseases.

If the animal ingests or inhales more active radionuclides, like cesium or strontium 90 or plutonium or polonium or radio-active lead, (all of which are decay products or fission products of uranium), then the chances are the disease will progress more quickly, hence the vCJD.

When the movie Star Wars used the phrase, "May the Force Be with You", it was about using the normal energy forces of this planet, galaxy and universe. Radio-active products are on another level, and cannot integrate with the "good" forces of nature. They are "evil".

Comment

On a side note, NASA reports on Canadian TV this week, stated that when astronaughts first go up into space, they lose their sense of taste for a few days. hmmm again.

Could this be due to the very high levels of ionizing radiation they are exposed to, and after a few days, the body adjusts? I wonder what proteins are up-regulated in their bodies????

Science is very interesting; but, it can also be used for evil and destructive purposes. IF it is not based in FAITH, it has no guiding principals. Everything is interconnected. Mark showed us this!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...