• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's your take?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's your take?

From our illustrious govt handbook, updated Nov 23:

"Selling set aside calves

4. What if the border opens?
    If the border opens to bone in beef and live animals before payment is made or the application is recieved, the program will be terminated and no payment will be forwarded made on tagged calves. If the border opens to bone in beef and live animals after the application has been received or payment is made, calves will be released and applicants will be paid, those who recieved payment will keep the payment."

Huh? My application was in Nov 5, still unprocessed. Think we'll get anything?

I hope you get it afterall the border won't open before March. Also it would be unfair if those like myself that got paid under the scheme got money and you didn't. They won't get mine back anyway it's already spent!

Comment

I rather supose that those calves already taged will be in demand to go south as it wont matter to the U.S. if they are taged or not , but how will the producers in Manitoba feel as they have to retain ownership until jan 06 as I understand.
      I think as with all govmt programs this one dosent do anything it was set up for. Sure there is some money gets into the right pockets but most is scamed off.

Comment

I tagged my calves on Dec 9 and sent the form off the next day, today I got the check in the mail full $200/calf.
        The tags only became available in DEC. It takes the Manitoba gov't a while to get things in motion but it gets in high gear pretty quick.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...