• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rancher's Choice

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if the view that the Feds are taking is the border looks like it will open to young cattle and possibly OTM boxed beef in the next 6 months. At that point the assumption is that cattle will vanish south - fats, feeders and beef at a great rate leaving enough killing space in Canada with existing capacity to kill OTMs. This way the Fed's save taxpayer dollars and the problem resolves itself. They may learn a few years from now that we are more reliant than ever on the US. They are politicians though so don't expect them to realise this too quickly.

Comment

A great week for the beef producers in atlantic canada!

The new plant ABP Atlantic Beef Producers killed their first animal this week.
      after a final inspection they will start production, its going to take some time to get into full production

lets get the show on the road I cant wait ,got some fats standing at the gate ready to go.

we have been without a kill plant since Hub Meat Packers Moncton N.B. closed its doors, so on top of BSE we have a 1400 mile trip to market.

shrink,dead stock on the trucks ,dark cutters,are a few of the reasons for the new producer owned plant.

Wish us luck!

Comment

Congratulations on getting up and running Red Country. It’s great to see a producer-owned plant in operation.
        Never stop promoting; you are in charge of your own future

Comment

I was interested to read of the work the Atlantic Beef people had done branding their beef product at:

http://www.co-opsonline.com/english/releases/PR_30May20021.shtml

The beef industry in the Atlantic region may be small but they are achieving results. These are the kind of results that translate directly back to increased profits for the producers.

Comment

Good to see you got the plant going. It is also good to see you did it without spending an arm and a leg to do it!
            I would suggest some of these so-called "proposed beef plants" in Western Canada have a look at your cost structure and learn how it is done? I believe you said the cost was around $60/hook and you could finance a major portion of that?
            The only "proposed" plants I've seen out here in the west that have that low of cost is the NGC plant at Pincher Creek and I believe they are now into construction....which is more than we can say for any others!
            I believe the plant in Salmon Arm,BC is also starting up. I think they are killing around 30 head a week so far! I think they figured they could get it up to 500 head or something.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...