• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R-CALF cont'd

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CattleAnnie. Ask STOUT 'ol HAYMAKER why he doesn't mention this tidbit.

Beef News
    BSE-infected bone meal was accidentally shipped, but recovered

by Pete Hisey on 10/25/04 for Meatingplace.com

Bone meal believed to be infected with some of the remains of a U.S. cow that tested positive for BSE was shipped to Asia in January, but officials recovered the shipment and disposed of it in a U.S. landfill, Japan's Kyodo News Service reported.

The shipment of 15 containers of meat-and-bone meal was accidentally loaded in Seattle on January 7, two weeks after the discovery of the first U.S. case of bovine spongiform encephalopathy, according to a report issued by the General Accounting Office. The Food and Drug Administration discovered the mistake and ordered the unnamed processor to recover the containers. The ship returned to the U.S. on February 24 and the meal was buried in a landfill on March 2.

The Washington State cow not only made the human food chain and was consumed by Americans, they trried to pawn the rest of her off to the Japanese. I'll bet they didn't destroy all the rendered product.

Comment

Mr. Stout. With reference to your response; item number 2, I would like to refer you to a post on made on this forum October 8, 2004 regarding the sequence of events that following May 20th, 2003 (BSE#1 event) which indicates that, although this animal was rendered and some parts would have made its way into poulty feed it was ACTUALLY CAUGHT AND THE HERDS TRACED BACK BEFORE IT BECAME A PUBLIC HAZARD.
      This story that was actually released by CFIA on May 25, 2003 as follows:

Here is a quote from a BSE Industry Update sent out on May 25, 2003:

"There are now a total of 17 herds in quarantine – 12 in Alberta, 2 in Saskatchewan and 3 in British Columbia. These include the index herd, 10 traceback herds in which the BSE cow may have spent time, 3 traceforward herds where calves from the index herd have gone,

(and 3 herds on mixed farms that may have received poultry feed made from the rendered cow.” }

CFIA is currently examining feed ban regulations to determine if further enhancements are necessary (such as the removal of SRMs from all animal feed) to further remove any risk of accidental feeding of ruminant-derived ingredients to cattle. CCA is actively involved in those discussions."

Comment

Amazed you are missing the point girl........PACKER LAWS...good luck

Comment

And I am sorry, Mr. Stout, that you have missed the point!

Like or not, Canada and US are a single, North American market with millions of pounds of beef as well as offal, serum, bone meal, tallow, etc. etc. as well as live cattle which have crossed the border pre-BSE going both directions for decades.

Even after BSE (1and2), your consumers are eating huge quantities of boxed beef supplied by Cargill and Tyson companies without batting an eye. If our beef was as high risk as RCALF would let on, your 'rigorous BSE testing regimen', LOL,would have caught many more by now. Let's face it, Canada has had bad luck in that we have found BSE and owned up to it...taken the high road so-to-speak. Are you willing to bet your industry that your Texas cow or any number of others that may 'have slipped through the rather loosely woven safety net' was BSE free?

Regarding packer laws, I hear you. But that is another story.

Comment

r-calf would have a lot more success enlisting canadian cattlemen in the dispute with packers if it wasn't a protectionist isolationist organization working directly against the interests of canadians. r-calf is partially responsible for the ongoing **** of cattle producers up here because it has worked to keep the border closed. if stout, hay maker or whoever wants to wake up and see the whole picture he'd get a better hearing.

Comment

I imagine there are very few people interested in listening to Stouts uneducated opinions in his home town. And unfortunately we must now tolerate him. I actually feel pretty sorry for him . He is totally unaware of what his comments represent.
              Hey stout, try to come up with something besides the same line which you keep repeating.
              If not, do you realize you sound like a little spoiled boy.
              Are you proud to be an american now.
              I'm curious, is everyone out your way like you...
              I do appologize to be rude, but U.S and CDN relations took step back for me after reading your posts.

So don't even begin to think anyone would take you seriously with the way you have put your comments accross. ( unless of course you are in school still)
              And in that case I completely appologize for my venting sounding negative. Good luck with exams....

Comment

BSE has shown Canadians that their neighbor really is the equivalent of a school yard bully. Add Canada to
                the lengthy list of countries who dislike americans.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...