• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might open a can we can't close

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might open a can we can't close

You want media attention! Well I have an idea on how we might get media attention. Now please don’t everyone jump all over me cause it is just an idea. I know some of the documentary he does is not exactly seen eye to eye with producers or perfect but he does open eyes to the subject he is working on. I would say contact the nature of things. As far as the science goes on this whole BSE boondoggle it might just as well be a freak of nature. VCJD is not 100% certain that it is connected to BSE. With his investigative in depth reporting he might be able to bring all of the cam ostercamp essay and purdys of the world into one. When he is so high on environment issues how would he explain all of the pasture and cattle ranges being torn up if there is no industry left. Would see less carbon requesting areas and could be a problem for Canada meeting its koyoto goals. The 100 or so million buffalo that roamed the prairies were replaced by 14 million cattle, seems like the cattle are as close to nature as any thing out there. Okay what does everyone think?

Get out the can opener magpie.

Send him a letter, call him, email, or send a carrier pigeon. David Suzuki has a voice that people hear. Whatever course he decides to take will give us more than we have now.

Comment

While not condemning that idea, I have to wonder what it would accomplish? I think our problem is the American consumer not neccesarily the Canadian consumer? And I doubt if many Americans have ever heard of David Suzuki?
      Incidently Dave doesn't come cheap($40,000/talk, I believe) so I hope you could convince him to do it Pro Bono?
      I kind of get a laugh out of some of the local election coverage? My local incumbent says his two main concerns are BSE and the local deep well water injection(big local issue)! Then he proceeds to rip the Liberals on just about everything...and never mentions the other two again...well so much for his priorities, right?
      The fact is maybe 2% of the population is affected by BSE, so why waste much time on something no one cares about. We have to realize people are much more concerned about how they are going to fill the SUV, or get into see the doctor when their kid has a snotty nose, than whether some wealthy Alberta farmer is making enough money to buy a new John Deere? You know what I mean? They interview the guy telling them how it is so hard down on the farm, while he leans up against his $200,000 tractor? Frankly it just doesn't play well with the urbanites?

Comment

Our neck of the woods was 'blessed' with David Suzuki's presence a few years back when there was a logging dispute with some natives. Don't kid yourself that you will get unbiased factual reporting from that media *****. David Suzuki's science will sway whichever way he thinks will do David the most good. After he put on his little circus at the roadblock-he was gone and all that was left was the garbage from the protestors-so much for our 'Friends of Mother Earth'.

Comment

I've got to admit you are totally right . Dave knows how to promote Dave!
          And hey he's got a sweet little racket going and he's made a ton of money at it...so give the old boy credit? He knows how to pull the strings and he knows how to make a buck.

Comment

COwman do you realize we agreed on something. WE both better sit down lol.

Comment

Now I can sleep.

Comment

hey rp checked out your webpage-your calving right now-i might be going out that way in june maybe i'll stop in.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...