• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tone is set for very strong Bred Heifer sales into December

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to love the angus influence on the pictures, Simms would be nothing without them!

Comment

absolutely right. The angus red or Black clean up the Simm influence dramatically.

Comment

Nice looking group there SADIE!
        As we get older, we just don't have time for sorting out the second cuts.

Comment

Thankyou greybeard

Age and many years working behind the scenes at auction markets one wants to get out of that scene.

One can wear out many trucks going and looking for something better or maybe a better deal.

This is a predictable product that comes up each November of every Year.

Home raised most on range condition, not pushed. arrive at our farm with No Brand.

calving these heifers out has minimal problems but the calves have lots of punch so the first year calf crop produces a great group of calves.

Watched Westmans Sale on the Internet on Monday.

Pre-viewed Y COULEE sale on DLMS. What an impressive program they run.

Comment

Lots of chest beating and BS on this thread, did you all get bought what was wanted, or a sorry lament to follow?

Comment

SCS

there is no BS on this thread. All bought that was ordered 1 year ago and are delivered to our farm. The second regular customer took the other half to his farm.

The rest of the Older Culls are going in January.'

House cleaning done with a much younger looking cow herd to winter and calve out in spring.

Followup BRED HEIFER SALES INTO DECEMEBER.

Referred to DLMS price report. The Vermillion bred heifer sales are now over. Maybe someone close to Vermillion can report.

ROCKSOLID BRED HEIFER SALE in Swift Current watched that on the internet DLMS.

Prices on Approx 475 head were $4000.00.

Diamond K Ranches Maple Creek ave $4100.00 on there commercial offering.

Comment

Typical farmers, buying at the wrong stage of the cycle. Buyers were scarce when they were almost giving them away, now that the cycle has peaked and prices are headed back down rapidly some are bidding them higher than ever.

Comment

That is true of any market but what makes it unique here is that after a couple good turns guys are in a better position to buy. When prices drop money isn't there neither is desire to buy. Tax problems are another factor. Lloydminster bred heifer sale saw some nice simm cross heifers top out over $3600. Lots in the $3000 to $3400 range. Guy I know brought in some nice looking big hipped shorthorn breds and got about $2300. That was the deal of the sale in my books cause I seen what they can produce. After the new year who knows where it'll go but like always the quality will sell good and the average to poor will drop to meat price.

Comment

Don't really have a price report from Vermilion, as I rarely go to the market. I know some good Black breds sold in Veteran for $2100. They have all slid down a lot in the last couple of weeks. Soderglen has a couple of hundred that are AI'ed coming up on Team on Friday. We will see how they sell.
                    I am kind of glad I kept my own. We AI'ed 150 or so with sexed semen this summer, so I hope someone wants heifers next year or the year after (LOL).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...