• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PID Book?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be a pro-active program based on fear.
    Fear is a politicians best friend.
    Often used to keep them elected.
    But sometimes, when people realize they aren't afraid, the electorate says BS and boots their asses out.

Comment

I have no problem with PID, or address or land location.....pick one and move on....really doesn't matter to me, I can handle change. Just justify why one is better than another!

Comment

smcgrath

Thankyou for your clarification.

I made several phone calls last night to Alberta Clinics and Sask Clinics to vets I know and from my age era.

None of them are enforcing PID at their clinics.

Veterinary Clinic Relationship is however strengthening. The annual fall SVMA association meeting I attended in Sept in Regina. There were several amendments to VCR.

This has been a long procedure over many years to prevent the wholesale distributing of PR drugs many miles away from a clinic.

Some vets use this to protect themselves also. If you come in, Haven't been there in a while, maybe not a recent record of business on file, maybe no farm call on premise in the last year, maybe the clinic has you marked as a difficult client or does not want your business that is way to politely say "there is the door".

Grassfarmer.

Correction CFIA or government powers has no control over a veterinarian in private business in a clinic owned and operated by themselves.

Many many clinics I know along with lay outlets have "kicked" the RFID eartags out of their clinics when "Dictatorship" threats from inspectors tried to walk in on them threatening fines. There is very little margin in selling these tags. To the clinics they have booted out anything that is a hastle to them and concentrate on where they can make $$$.

Concentrate more on the Small animal game ------that just keeps on rolling.

The provincial veterinary associations do have control over practitioners though through annual license fee and practice inspection every 5 years.

Veterinary Client relationship VCR is powerfull and keeps on getting tighter.

Comment

Agreed perfecho, non-issue, lets move on.

Comment

GF - I agree with the non issue. Thanks for the clarification as to use in GB. Makes sense to me.

Comment

Perfecho, it seem some missed your message.
              You said "I have no problem with PID, or address or land location.....pick one and move on....really doesn't matter to me, I can handle change. Just justify why one is better than another!"

I would make the case that the best one is the one that has the most meaning for the most people. Tough task for the PID's and really tough if they aren't made public.

Comment

If "I were the man", don't think I would have chosen another number to make the case....home address would have worked, but there maybe something I am missing....but it is done, I am ok with it and have other things to spend my time on. Have it on my phone if need be....
                Do think that some of these things come about because someone has a job and is trying to justify it.....

Comment

Like the blue emergency signs a simple letter/number combination serves to provide a unique location identifier for each operation. Of course the Government already knows who lives there, what the legal land locations are etc so they just attach a PID to it.

Address is kind of vague as some are Rural route, some PO box, some might live in town or offsite.

Legal land description might identify the home quarter but doesn't cover outlying quarters specifically.

Makes sense to me to issue a unique "code" if you like to each operation - that is the PID.

Comment

I've got land in 4 different townships with some separated 15 miles. Same PID. At least if they used legal land description you could tell them where the cattle were loaded.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...