• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whew - just flew back from Maine and boy are my arms tired...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whew - just flew back from Maine and boy are my arms tired...

The GMO labeling bill in Maine has passed the house almost unanimously at 141-4! Now it's on to the Senate!

I held up every persons hand to vote --- all by myself. What a day....LMAO

Whoops - that was supposed to go up for my new friends on the grain forum.

But since it is here. We talked on another thread about labeling beef and it got side tracked into national grading - COOL etc.

I wonder if anyone has had any more thoughts on asking the conventional beef boys if they would like to label their beef as having HGP, Ractopamine and Antibiotics added?

When processed food went from having salt to all the wonderful ingredients we now see on the label --- it was put on the label. Why not beef?

Comment

As a consumer, I agree. Science has made man blunders and still will, only the stakes are getting higher. Give me the whole story and let me decide.
      I do believe many consumers have no idea as to what they are eating, but more are becoming involved and that is why local food, etc., is making such inroads.

Comment

Apparently consumers don't understand as well
        as the people that produce it. At least that's the
        consensus on the commodity forum. The Internet
        has all propaganda on it,big ag is all about
        feeding the hungry,and those that don't agree are
        all left wing radicals. Give me a break. Oh,and
        John Gormley is never wrong. Not.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...