• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would you do?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would you do?

If your wife was sick of cows? If your wife wanted
    a new house and the numbers dont work? If your
    wife's best friend moved to southern Ab? I love
    my wife. Do I quit farming to make her happy?

Which wife?

Sorry bud, had a few already and all I can say is that giving up "your" dream to please anyone else is not a great idea.

Comment

Chances are the numbers would work if you wanted them to.....just like they would if you "needed"..."wanted" a new piece of equipment. Marriage is about supporting each other in their dreams and wishes, and they don't have to be the same. My wife has little interest, knowledge on our farm and operation, but she loves country life and how it raised our kids…and I’m good with that!

Comment

Randy thats exactly what my neighbour said.

The house would be 325k or about. Cattle farmers
        equipment dont run that high.

Comment

IMHO it's all about balance. Cow/calf can be so all consuming that it becomes the only thing, and that's not healthy. And if you farm and break land on top of that, you must be pretty shy on free time. And if your wife doesn't want to do it............

Comment

Very true. Cow/calf is a 365 day a yr commitment.
            Looks like cows go late fall. Cashing a land rent
            chq. of 40 or 50k /yr does sound easier.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...