• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ractopamine study

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ractopamine study

I posted this elsewhere but it deserves a posting of its own.

After reading the Fact sheets about ractopamine I am starting to have concerns about this potent drug.

I have heart arrhythmia every once in a while but it is controlled with prescription drugs. Something triggers this arrhythmia every once in a while but no cause has been established. Makes me wonder if beef from animals treated with ractopamine could be a factor in my condition as I consume quite a bit of beef.

Read this pdf put out by our wonderful ALMA and get an idea of what it does to lab animals AND humans.

http://alma.alberta.ca/cs/groups/alma/documents/document/mdaw/mda5/~edisp/agucmint-009415.pdf

===

If you consume quite a bit of beef, how can you be sure that is causing your condition flare-ups? Is the beef you eat definitely fed ractopamine? Have you gone through a trial of eating beef without ractopamine?

The link to the article didn't work for me. I'm not a supporter of all these additives. The packer is forcing the feedlot to do these things all in the name of profit. The Competition Bureau has failed us all, also the regulators.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...