• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bird count

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird count

Does anyone have any good news stories on the magratory birds this yr?
    We have the least nos ive ever seen. No blue birds, gold finchs no humming birds, purple finchs there were 3 and most yrs 20/30 around feeders 1 flicker only a handful of grass sparrows no warblers ,quite a few ducks and geese ,woodcocks but on average way less birds than ever.
    I post this here as I feel that cattlemen are more atuned to nature than dirt farmers.

Is the weather a factor... we had the fewest number of swans stop over this year than ever however there was also more water for them to hand out at other places, although now we are the wetland paradise in a sea of of canola cowboys

Comment

I think it's the weather. We've got all the usual suspects back this year, but it seems like they they came a bit late. Hummingbirds just got here last week, about a week later than usual.

Comment

We have lots of birds of every kind this spring but are horribly overrun with grackles and starlings. They just cover everything in bird crap.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...