• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dog Food

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog Food

Which kind / brand of dog food would each of you recommend? We're looking for a top quality dog food, and preferably made in Canada. Western Canada would be even better.

Oh Yeah..... in addition to that nothing outside of the $40 to $60 / 15-20kg bag size.

Comment

http://www.k9choicefoods.com/news.html

With the price of dog food recently, think its cheaper to just feed them beef....;-0

Comment

I guess the one I use doesn't qualify on your price
        criteria but I find it perfectly adequate for my old
        farm dog. "PF Kennel Blend All Stages Dog Food"
        $25.56 for an 18kg bag from Viterra.
        I pick it up along with my $17.45/bag cow mineral.

Comment

I always say if it isn't full of alot of corn and wheat, and leaves a big pile of crap after the dog is done with it, then its worth a look.

Comment

Costco has dry dog food that's about as good as any.
            If you have the freezer space an old cow can't be beat. Get it cut the cheapest way and packaged in appropriate sizes.
            Dogs look real shiny. Natural diet.
            Not as convenient as dry as you have to be sure to have some thawed.

Comment

Old cow idea is a lot better (in my little mind)than the raw conventional stuff from Cargill and JBS laced with ractopamine, antibiotics, and hormonal growth promotants that we willingly feed to our children in North America.

Products that are banned in many countries all over the world but seen by our ABP/CCA leaders as trade and political disputes. LMAO

You would be amazed at how many dog owners in the city are demanding "natural" raw dog food.

Comment

What a pile of SH** from you RK. You can't build yourself up by knocking your competitors.

Fact 1. Beef is safe and nutritious.

Fact 2. A lot of people do not believe fact 1.

Fact 3. Making the case for fact 1 has way more value than supporting the erroneous opinions that generate fact 2.

Comment

None of them there facts in my pile of shit Happy trails, just my opinion. Don't worry buddy, you got a lot more people supporting yer chem cattle than clean ones..... so far. LOL

Comment

So HT what is your treatment protocol for the
                    animal/s you put in your own freezer? do they get
                    antibiotic, hormone implants or ractopamine?

Comment

After reading the Fact sheets about ractopamine I am starting to have concerns about this potent drug.

I have heart arrhythmia every once in a while but it is controlled with prescription drugs. Something triggers this arrhythmia every once in a while but no cause has been established. Makes me wonder if beef from animals treated with ractopamine could be a factor in my condition as I consume quite a bit of beef.

Read this pdf put out by our wonderful ALMA and get an idea of what it does to lab animals AND humans.

http://alma.alberta.ca/cs/groups/alma/documents/document/mdaw/mda5/~edisp/agucmint-009415.pdf

===

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...