• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO COMMENTS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO COMMENTS

I'M surprised no one has said anything to say about the Americans reaction on COOL, or are we just TIRED AND TAKE IT? Again RITZ talks big but no action or am I missing something .

MCool benefits the big packers IMHO. One more step to getting rid of the small to mid sized packer in the US.

Comment

Looks like a serious threat
      to Can. cattle prices .

Comment

Wlc i would respectfully disagree. If packers
        passed additional costs onto producers their
        supply would soon contract further.

Comment

one comment needed. do it yourself or join someone who is doing it themselves.

Comment

Why did this stop?

The other choice is to keep contributing to the multinational problem. Feeding and raising cattle for the conventional system only feeds the problem. Better off not raising cattle at all and allowing Cargill and JBS to do what they will do if you give up because of lack of profit. Leave and get their supply somewhere else. Will they care --- hell no. Have they made enough money to allow High River to simply close its doors...Hell ya. Will JBS try for a bit longer and continue to fight you tooth and nail for your cattle until they have made enough to leave. Shit ya.

There is no long term - sustainable CANADIAN plan from either one of these two, and never will be.

Do it yourselves boys - or work with one of the many groups that are trying. And don't worry to much --- I don't plant to get rich and leave you behind....LMAO this is home for me.

Comment

I agree with you. I used to fatten cattle and loved doing it and shipping a load of fats but it got hard to make a buck with barely prices and when we lost the plant at MOOSE JAW the trucking cost a lot. I have heard that a plant maybe starting up in the southeast I may do it again.

Comment

There has been an interest that has
                bought the plant at Wolsely. I don't
                think at this point that their plan
                really includes you and me. I am not
                sure additional capacity helps at the
                moment, as it is really the structure of
                that capacity that hurts at ground
                level. I can't see the revised COOL
                regulations hurting foreign processors
                as they will just drop to offering price
                here to be consistent with lower US
                bids. It should actually boost their
                margins if anything. Will probably
                knock cull cows back some.
                We do need some Canadian capacity, but
                we more importantly need to get serious
                about tackling specific markets, rather
                than just killing enough to fill markets
                by the law of averages.

Comment

yes COOL MAY WORK IT IS NOT FOR PACKERS ALONE
                  IT IS SIMPLE A DIFF WORD ,same WE NEVER LIKE MADE IN JAPAN OR CAME FROM CHINA OR U-S-A
                  CATTLE BUSINESS HAS BEEN GOOD OVER THE YEARS LIKE ANY FARMING STAY WITH IT.
                  randy what happend to your plant so we could sell there if Cargill is not high offering us today.

Comment

Still working on it ag boy. Only thing --- it won't be taking them chem cattle of Happy Trails. He will have to stick with Cargill... LOL

Comment

FYI RK.

Just because I call you for flaming commodity beef doesn't mean my cattle are full of hormones and antibiotics.

Actually I haven't put an implant in my cattle for about 15 years. At the moment I have 700 yearlings on grass of which none have ever had an implant and 99.7% have NEVER had an antibiotic. My dilemma is that the commodity market always offers more for my naturally raised yearlings than anyone else. I sell to the high bidder. HT

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...