• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullish Cattle On Feed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullish Cattle On Feed

USDA COF report released this afternoon
    pegged Feb placements at only 86% of
    year ago levels as compared to the
    average trade estimate of 91%. Feb
    placements are the lowest since the data
    series started in 1996.

Cattle feeding losses have no-doubt
    curtailed enthusiasm to place U.S.
    feedlot cattle. Expect deferred live
    cattle futures to be up sharply on
    Monday.

ASRG is bullish on goats Errol do you have an
    forecast or opinion on that?

Comment

HaHa....No Allfarmer I've never owned goats....or had the desire to do so!
      A dairyman neighbor once told me people own Jersys because they are too poor to afford cattle, and too proud to own goats!

Comment

ALLFARMER - no opinion on goats, but certainly have been known to be a goat talking about markets sometimes.

cheers . . . here's to improving April basis levels and a rebounding cattle market this spring.

Comment

So Errol what do you think short term market for feeder cattle at auction market will do?

Comment

chaser . . . must confess my stupity on this question . . . but sense a postiive change in the economics of cattle feeding, but it may take a few months.

But feeders are no doubt going to be cautious buyers this spring with the ongoing bloodletting in the industry.

Sense there is going to be a break in feed costs by late 2013 and into 2014. Looks like there will be good grass to start across Western Canada with the heavy snowpack.

Not qualified to answer your question, but expect tight fed supplies straight ahead to rally back the cattle board into April.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...