• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Property taxes?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property taxes?

The education portion of property taxes are about to go up sharply in Alberta according to many municipalities. In addition the freezing of the MSI by municipal affairs means infrastructure projects planned or started will be short of funding, which will put pressure on municipalities to increase taxes.
    A councillor in my local rural county told me expect a modest increase in the regular property tax and a "probably" large increase in the education portion. In addition the municipality will be paying more for fuel (they also lost the 6 cent/leter) and provincial grants for every department will be cut.

A lot of this stuff gets downloaded to the
    local level, but the control and rules
    still stay at the top.

Comment

My property taxes on 7 quartes plus yard are
      $900/year Now beat that!

Comment

Have you got your tax bill for this year?

Comment

Where do you farm? Here in manitoba for D soil we pay that much for one quarter.

Comment

Near High Level AB

Taxes on a bush quarter? $22

Comment

You must be in a municipal district and not a county Allfarmer? MDs have really cheap property taxes.....when they eventually morph into counties the taxes skyrocket! The idea of a MD isn't a bad idea.....it allows the provincial government get the basic infrastructure in place.

Comment

Switched over to a County a few years back.
                Open quarter of land???? $160

Just had a vote here on a outdoor swimming pool.
                Was gunna cost the County 50,000$/yr People
                turned out by the thousands and 2/3 voted against
                it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...