• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water "Consultations"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water "Consultations"

Another Million dollar excercise is taking place right now in Alberta. This one is "Water Consultations".
    Now I've been involved in this water thing for awhile and I have a pretty good idea of where this is going. At the end of the day the Alberta government wants to create a water market and put a price on water.
    It is not clear yet what that is going to cost you, but I will tell you I took part in the big water conference this past summer at the Telus center in Calgary and agriculture was identified as the largest user of water in the province! I argued in the "agriculture workshop" part of the conference that agriculture and residential use of water never leaves the water cycle (unlike frack and tertiary oil recover flood water).....but got pretty short shift from the facilitator and the oil and gas flunkies!
    Anyway...here is the schedule:
    All sessions are open to the public.
    Doors open at 5 p.m. Facilitated conversations run from 5:30 to 8 p.m.

Tues, February 19
    Grande Prairie
    Pomeroy Hotel & Conf Centre
    11633 - 100 Street Tues, February 19
    Medicine Hat
    Medicine Hat Lodge
    1051 Ross Glen Drive SE
    Wed, February 20
    Peace River
    Belle Petroleum Conf Centre
    9403 - 94 Street Wed, February 20
    Milk River
    Civic Centre
    321 - 3 Avenue NE
    Thurs, February 21
    Hinton
    Hinton Centre
    965 Switzer Drive

Tues, February 26
    Camrose
    Norsemen Inn
    6505 - 48 Avenue Tues, February 26
    Pincher Creek
    Heritage Inn
    919 Waterton Ave & Hwy 6
    Wed, February 27
    Edmonton
    Ramada Inn & Conf Centre
    11834 Kingsway Avenue Wed, February 27
    Okotoks
    Centennial Centre
    4 - 204 Community Way
    Thurs, February 28
    Bonnyville
    Willow Prairie Hall
    Hwy 41 & Hwy 55 (near La Corey) Thurs, February 28
    Lethbridge
    Lethbridge Lodge & Conf Centre
    320 Scenic Drive
    Tues, March 12 (*new date)
    Slave Lake
    Slave Lake Inn & Conf Centre
    1200 Main Street SW Tues, March 12
    Rocky Mountain House
    Lou Soppit Community Centre
    4733 - 54 Avenue
    Wed, March 13
    Thorsby
    Thorsby Community Centre
    4813 - 49 Street
    Thurs, March 14
    Fort McMurray
    Sawridge Inn & Conf Centre
    530 MacKenzie Blvd Thurs, March 14
    Red Deer
    iHotel (formerly Holiday Inn)
    6500 - 67 Street
    Fort Chipewyan
    TBA Tues, March 19
    Drumheller
    Jurassic Inn
    1103 Hwy #9 South
    Wed, March 20
    Calgary
    Marriot Courtyard Calgary Airport
    2500 - 48 Avenue NE Thurs, March 21
    Canmore
    Radisson Hotel & Conf Centre
    511 Bow Valley Trail

Should have added:
    I have been a member of the Red Deer River Watershed Alliance for several years. This is a government funded water group that is a complete joke!
    The group is dominated by oil and gas, the logging industry, and government flunkies. We aren't allowed to condemn, or even discuss, hydro fracking, tertiary water floods, or clear cutting on steep slopes right up to the rivers edge. We do get to condemn every cattle rancher who waters his cattle anywhere on the watershed, including creeks, springs, sloughs, and dug outs! This gong show gets $650,000 in funding (a 40% increase last year) every year......most of it for staff and to write reports on the evils of agriculture!
    I'm one of the token peasants in this group!

Comment

On the late and great "Derry Brownfields" radio show, he had many guests on from the USA who spoke of how their states were now charging them for water. Metering their wells, stopping them from collecting rainfall off of their roofs etc. We are not doing this of our own accord, here in Alberta. We are following the schedule of changes put forth by the flunkies (like Allison Redford) of Agenda 21 brought to you by the member states of the United Nations, and the tyrants that want to control every aspect of our lives. Why do you think they want to confiscate guns? They are fearful of the lashback from the peasants.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...