• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Grazing rates.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Grazing rates.

Can anyone tell me what the typical custom grazing fees are for yearlings in Southern Alberta ?

I charge $1/hd/day for cow calf pairs and $1.50/ bull . Not sure what yearlings are last I heard was. $.50/.65 cent per day. Thats north central alta.

Comment

I appreciate your info. wonder if it is the same in other parts of the region.

Comment

Here in Special Areas we get our grass so cheap that we don't charge as much. Oh I forgot, we can't sublet except at community pasture rates administered by the bureaucrats. I'm just messing with hoarse. But seriously you could give SAB a call if you are looking for grass.

Comment

HT, What like %2.39/AUM plus resourse for a tidy profit before having to put up with cows. Cows and fish to pay for your fences and watering .
          Wonder will this new premier see the err in thier ways, Ralph didnt see his way to getting a decent return on OUR crown land. Mabey he was a hunter friend of the OH.

Comment

I was at Hardisty, east-central, 3 hours North of Medicine Hat. We charged 70 cents per head per day for yearlings. We put out blue cobalt salt blocks, the client provided a loose mineral mix that I kept in front of the animals. Treating anything was at cost.

Comment

We are at $0.85 on yearlings and $1.10 on pairs at Meadow Lake.
              Cattle owner provides mineral, we provide all care, fences, etc. Treatment at cost.
              I would charge more for bigger cows and/or early calves.

Comment

Yes i think the size of the animal is important. All the pasture ratings were set on a 1000Lb animal.and one would search hard to find a cow that size any more..Many are so big they eat a lot.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...