• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

b s e

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would sure like to see more information on this last case. For instance, if they found this animal at the same farm as the last one, and it was because they've been monitoring the herd, then it's reassuring.

If it's just a weird fluke and horrible coincidence, on the other hand, it's not reassuring. It only proves that no one has learned anything after the lack of follow up back in the 90's that led to this whole debacle in the first place.

Either way, I would think this farm should be a hotspot for any researchers out there.

Comment

I doubt it's either of these scenarios kato. I don't believe there has been any monitoring of farms that had one case. The only way to do that would be to brain sample every OTM off that holding and I've never heard of such a thing.

I also don't find it weird or a horrible coincidence to get more than one case on a farm. I'll guarantee there would be dairies in England that were the source of 100 cases. That only points to feed as the source.
      If there was contaminated feed on site when the first case occurred it doesn't surprise me that traces could be left behind to cause more years later given the estimation of how little it takes to cause it. Might they have had a half bag of calf starter pellets tucked away somewhere, or more likely some feed designed for other species - maybe used the same scoop to handle both feeds?

Comment

But if they knew how easy it was to have contamination, why did they not go over the farm and make sure it was all cleaned up?

Comment

Due diligence - diligence due

Comment

There is a young lady from CBC snooping around for the "right" producer to interview for her show today. Did not like what I had to say and hung up on me after just a few short minutes. If she contacts one of you, please remember that CBC is a propaganda machine for the company called the government of Canada and your words will be censored and chosen to fit the agenda.

Comment

What an amazing story this BSE story. Just like any other "issue" that get's exploited by government and media, it has managed to concentrate the industry in the hands of fewer and fewer. While those of us who have tried our best to figure it out and provide alternatives to the power concentration have only helped the issue through division. I wonder how long it will take --- for instance --- when I elaborate on my "beliefs" which is all any one of us has to fall back on.

I believe that the metal contamination theory explains both sides of the transmission/non transmission ideas very well. Metals, at a molecular level, can pass the blood brain barrier and concentrate in prions that are there to dispose of these alien particles. Of course the argument could come up already, that I have used improper terminology in my description. So should an animal eat metal contaminated parts of another animal that had the concentrated metals in their brain, would you call it transmission. Could an animal also obtain concentrated levels of metals from other environmental factors as in random BSE cases. I "believe" so. As for contagion ---- a healthy naturally raised animal with a strong immune system, which by the way includes these things called prions, could get rid of metals either through feed sources or other environmental factors easier than one with a distressed immune system.

Now the only reason I have expressed my opinion is to see how fast the attacks come. Tin hat - off base - anarchist - etc. etc. The very thing that those who benefit from the economic side of BSE love to watch and enjoy.

All the while, we have a class action suit that would benefit all cattle producers should we all simply hold our personal beliefs in check and concentrate power. Go after the Federal mind controllers, and their media puppets who caused the monetary losses and are responsible to those who lost; and not those who have benefitted and continue to benefit.

Come on back and join the discussion Mr. Pallet. The one thing that needs to be discussed is responsibility of our pathetic government that supports concentration of power and a decreasing number of middle class business people with freedom to "think" and "do" with care and compassion

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...