• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holiday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday

Go away and the board is quiet, were you all away too?

Getting ready for calving and watching all my brothers and sister and a bunch of in laws leaving for holidays. Lol. Oh well, maybe some day we will get a winter holiday, but it will have to wait.

Comment

We start in a month so that is why I was away, well needed, Dec. and Jan. are our quiet times.

Comment

No holiday here (We are planning for the first part of April). Just running with getting our bale grazing going, Christmas, kids running, building duck blinds at 4-H with Sadie's old neighbour, a speaking tour, prepping a Land EKG course and buying some cows (near Sadie's new home). Just a fun/busy month.

Comment

We have been trying to stay warm...hi all.

Comment

Catching up on Agriville here:

It was great for our getaway for 1 week south. Our management decision this year meant calves were sold Nov/Dec 2014.

Looking forward to upcoming calving season. Extra bred heifers at the place---happy to have them.

Always looked forward to calving season when one has facilities to calve late Feb/March/April.

answered to recent survey from Saskatchewan Cattlemens group SCA and Saskatchewan Stock growers about WHY ONE DOESN'T ATTEND THE PROVINCE BEEF WINTER BEEF CONFERENCE.

Will be getting away mid Feb to Western Conference in Nevada for 4-5 days. Great to go to conferences regarding veterinary and Beef cow calf when there is "0" discussion of RFID issues and Premise ID.
            PFRA pastures in Transition is not going well in Saskatchewan. Cow-calf producer exodus continues.

Sean----Give me a hint? What old neighbor are you referring to: Consort Alberta Veterinary Era or Saskatchewan Cow-calf era?

Comment

Sadie - RCMP constable from Provost days.
              Your other newer neighbour we visited was Johnston's at Fertile Valley.

Comment

Thanks Sean

I remember those veterinary practice years and we did do a lot of work with RCMP in both Provost and Consort. I got to know a lot of those guys & gals.

Sometimes a lot of strange type of calls.

You were at Fertile Valley Angus---20 miles from our place right on the west side of Side of Gardiner Dam.

Comment

Sadie - It was Claire Shielke that said hello. He was helping the 4-H outdoor kids build duck blinds.
                  I figured you were close to Johnston's. I took a pretty nice set of later calving cows out of there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...