• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cattle: End of the Bull Run

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of older producers are hanging in, enjoying the ride. But ask if they are willing to go back to $800 kill cows and $600 calves and then you'll know when the 'exodus' is coming.

And they aren't up to their ass in debt like the young guys are, so you know what is going through a young fella's mind.

Comment

That would be my expansion point. 800 cows and 600 calves. Stick with it until then.

Kid would get a good start. I hope it hits in 3 years.

Comment

2006 CHINA imported very few peas, last year the rivaled India at 1 million metric tonnes of peas. The peas, green, yellow and maples went into a very diverse market of products used by variety type into whole for snacks, sprouts and as feed ingredients, fractionated for noodles with a wide array of food & feed ingredients being readily explored.

My guess is with growing demand for beef in China, providing the trading patterns are stable, my guess is demand on this continent will pale to what we can see coming, again used in a wide array of processed products to premium steak as premium steak served as a delicacy finds its way to Asian round tables!

Red meat consumption here will likely continue to decline on shelf prices. However the global market is not to be underestimated in supporting demand and prices.

Will it happen overnight, not likely took 8 years to go from nearly 0 to a million tonnes of peas, but it will happen, and this will underpin prices like China does with global demand of pulses.

Insure trade capacity is working, and logistical channels are efficient to serve these areas, will be the main goal of these markets in Asia, & China.

Again the CTA review needs to insure just in time delivery through the transportation review to enable this and all trade.

Comment

The supply side remains very bullish, but IMO, you have to follow the money which is the wholesale beef market.

Wholesale beef has turned down. Hedgers; sell those rallies.

Comment

End of the Bull Run?Lol I don't think so,but nice try!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...