• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COMMERCIAL SALE----CWA NOV 29 2014

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't understand that post SCS - do you mean you are buying yearlings and selling breds or you are buying breds for your herd replacements?

Comment

Some times I think its kinda funny those guys that say there was no money in cattle are buying for their kids now!

Comment

Sorry typo, we save and breed our own Hfrs.

Comment

Veteran, Alberta sale last Thursday.

532 bred cows from $1500 - $4000 average $2952
          241 bred heifers $1650 -$3750 average $3145

Comment

Have to admit that I am a little shocked the cow-calf guy is investing that far out.Thought quality breds would be more in the 2100 to 2400 dollar range.The cop has definitely rose in some herds.

Comment

To me it's the same human emotion that drives the stock market for a lot of people - the belief that when prices are high they can only go higher and when they are low they can only go lower. So we always have guys selling at the bottom and buying at the top of price cycles.

Comment

To much money chasing to few cattle.
                Guys who sold those big dollar calves haven't had to pay big tax in a long time. All that carry over expense is gone.
                Some of the brokers seem to have open orders going south.
                How much has breeding stock gone up in the last 3 weeks? $800 ???
                Panic buying for sure!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...