• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bred Cow Prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know of one set of good black bred heifers for sale just now for $2100.

Comment

How many advisors has Canada placed on the ground in Iraq? The Govt has stated that October 4th was the deadline for intervention and then retraction. Is that date still on track? Not hard, is it?

Comment

Good topic and of course it has caught my interest.

I am a bred heifer buyer every year for the past 20 years.

Will I be in this year or not--------Don't know.

Sean knows what I buy. Edam fall fair sale will be coming up end of October and that will set the tone.

A rule I always referred to is expect to pay for a bred heifer twice the price of your 700 lb steer that is sold that fall. That makes it scary out there.

In Saskatchewan the PFRA pasture patrons will keep exiting the business this fall at these record high prices for cows to "exit the industry".

Doing business plans as this provincial government has set out is still a "recipe to failure" and are following through cppas how the first 10 pastures are doing and now how the next 10 pastures that are in their 2015 transition year are doing.

My two PFRA pastures that I am dependant on are up in 2015 and 2016 so I too could be downsizing or dispersing what I believe is a "good set of young cows" in two to three years.

In two months this thread will have the answers to what Bred heifers/ bred cows will be trading at.

Back to a combine harvest

Comment

Absolutely great point one off, with these prices it ain't gonna take 30 years for the bite to chew a hole in many operations.

The few solutions we have are ones we would disagree on, and so as we sign on UPOV, can we keep the public genetics in farmers hands and create a farmers owned breeding house like LIMAGRAIN. Can the new CWB become a powerful farmer owned CORPORATION...can the rail review be something meaningful with scorecards that insure a competitive grainmarket...these are the choices of today.

Of is the solution in just growing more grain and bragging about yields and acres we farm.

There are choices for the future today, we can make.

Comment

I an doing my part yields and grade are the shits.

Comment

LOL...finished barley, yielding amazing, wish the math was as good.

Comment

Did you give it the groceries. ?

Comment

I have a couple of more questions. Are the brokers going to set the price?
                  I know more ready to cash than looking to expand.
                  If we don't have local buyers how far over the canner price will the MAJORITY of the cows go?
                  Like SADIE says, too soon to say. Are replacement types a good buy at $1400?

Comment

Package of seventy black breds sold today privately for 2100! Buyer bought his heifers last year also.

Comment

Too rich for us....glad others are making some money finally.

Comment

So the two bunches of bred hfrs sold at $2100. Assuming a private sale. Does anyone know of good sites where these type cattle are being advertised. Really would prefer to buy breeding stock direct and not thru auction.

Comment

Edam Fall Fair breds average was $2700 plus!

Comment

Strong trade in Rimbey today apparently 300 bred cows and not much under $2000 by all accounts.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...