• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mechanically tenderized beef

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm mm - yeild monitor said 62 ave last year - just funished haulin peas out net just under 70 . I guess yield monitors are useless then - your right

Comment

Can't speak for Tom. Wouldn't even try!
      From road some crops good and some not. Very fussy year for seeding here for some reason. And then a little bit of everything tossed in after that.
      Some canola heavy some standing up.
      Early pea reports suggest shattered expectations. Wheat heads seem short.
      Again, lower than past four years here for yield absolutely! 10 thru 13 outstanding. Anybody who suggests same across the board here is high on something.

Comment

SASKFARMER3 did anyone ever say this was going to be a repeat of last year. If it was said I missed it. Biggest est of the crop I've ever heard was avg at best.

You really aren't taking much of a stand when everyone agrees with you somewhat.

Comment

BP, you mean pea yields shattered in a good way or bad way? Mine suck. I will be so glad to be done some of this crap so I don't have to look at it anymore, just the shaved ground then.

Comment

I just swath a quarter of 5440, that was pure hell. Dam stuff averaged five feet tall. From the road looks like a hell of a crop, except dam pods are only the first foot from the top. That will make a real bin buster all right.

Comment

Our Super 92 doesn't have a yield monitor, gotta wait till the fields done then guestimate how much is in the bin, ifn I'm lucky I git to add bins.

Comment

I mean people expecting 50-60 getting 35-40

Comment

Wow. Will there be enough to feed the hungry world?

Comment

Nobody on here believed that hungry world crap did they?

Comment

My broker says there is no demand right now and that's why canola is heading for the $300s. Was it in the seducer an analyst calling for $330T canola. Broker also mentioned china and EU have big crops and Australia is discounting their canola. Anyone heard what the demand is like out there? Still think 14MT is too high

Comment

Statistics Canada’s first production report for the 2014 season forecast smaller grain and oilseed crops compared to a year ago, but the lack of reaction in the futures markets was seen as a sign industry participants are already looking beyond, says a story from Syngenta Farm.
                        “All of the numbers came in at the low end of trade expectations, which is bullish on the surface," said Mike Jubinville of ProFarmer Canada. “Wheat, durum, canola, barley, oats, peas, lentils . . . everything with the exception of flax looks bullish in this report."
                        However, the immediate reaction in the futures market was subdued, with ICE Futures Canada canola contracts only up $1 or $2/tonne and the US wheat futures were narrowly mixed.

Like I said at the start. Memo to all purchasers of our grain. You FU$%Ked us last winter with this BS about such a huge super crop. It was nice but not as nice as the industry thought.
                        Now this year you laughed at how wet it was in spring then the floods and how a crop can survive now add hail and some heat in summer.
                        But the market knows better. FMJ the market knows shit.

Comment

Most grain and oilseed production estimates may be down from a year ago, but it appears Canadian farmers will be reaping larger 2014 pulse and special crops.

In fact, only chickpea and dry pea output may be down compared to a year earlier, while dry beans, flax, lentils and other such crops see significant gains, according to today’s Statistics Canada crop production report, the first for the 2014 growing season.

Nationwide dry bean production is poised to make the largest production jump, with this year’s nationwide crop estimated at 300,200 tonnes – a major 45.7% increase from a year ago and potentially the largest crop since 2006 when 372,400 tonnes were harvested. At 101,100 tonnes, expected white bean production is way up from just 45,400 tonnes in 2013, while estimated coloured bean output, at 199,400 tonnes, is up from 160,800 tonnes a year ago.

All of the increase in the total dry bean production estimate is the result of a larger harvested area, up to 335,000 acres from just 210,000 in 2013. The average nationwide dry bean yield, at 19.8 cwt/acre, is actually down from 21.6 cwt the previous year.

Flax production is also expected sharply higher, with this year’s crop estimated at 908,100 tonnes, versus 712,300 tonnes in 2013 – a 27.4% increase and the largest since 2009. At 1.42 million acres, flax harvested area is expected up from 1.01 million last year, while the average yield is down 3.5 bu at 24 bu/acre.

At an estimated 1.92 million tonnes, this year’s lentil crop is up from 1.88 million in 2013 and is potentially the biggest since 2010 when over 2 million tonnes of lentils were produced. Lentil harvested area is pegged at 2.87 million acres, up from 2.35 million in 2013, while the average yield, at 1,482 lbs/acre, is well down from 1,758 lbs in 2013 but still up from 1,367 lbs in 2012.

Canaryseed output is projected at 145,700 tonnes, up from 131,000 in 2013, as harvested area, at 275,000 acres, is up from 210,000 a year earlier. The average canary yield is pegged at 1,168 lbs/acre, compared to 1,375 lbs a year ago.

At an estimated 222,300 tonnes, mustard production is up from 154,500 tonnes in 2013. A 100,000-acre increase in harvested area to 460,000 acres helped to push output higher, as did an increase in the average expected yield to 1,065 lbs from 947 lbs a year ago.

Sunflower output, at an estimated 78,200 tonnes, is up from 51,900 tonnes in 2013, as expected harvested area is up to 95,000 acres from 68,000. The average yield is also up, climbing to 1,815 lbs/acre from 1,682 lbs the previous year but still below the 2012 level of 1,955 lbs.

On the downside, this year’s Canadian dry pea crop is projected to amount to 3.55 million tonnes, down about 300,000 tonnes from the 2013 crop of 3.84 million. At 3.65 million acres, expected harvested area is up from 3.24 million last year but the average yield is down to 35.7 bu/acre f5rom 43.7 bu.

To that same end, chickpea output is estimated at 142,500 tonnes, versus 169,400 in 2013. Harvested area is estimated down 8,000 acres from last year to 170,000, while the average expected yield is down to 1,849 lbs/acre from 2,097 lbs.

Peas and lentils will be down. Just watch come January it will be where are all the peas and lentils oh farmers have binned them waiting for higher prices. Yea their are none.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...