• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muck Boots

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muck Boots

I am sure you have all heard by now the Muck Boots/PR disaster in the US. with the supposed donation to the animal rights group � HSUS. What are your thoughts? should farmers be boycotting the company (like others online claim they plan to do) or is that going too far?

Much ado about nothing methinks..

From the company:

"Family members of an employee who recently passed away requested that, in lieu of flowers, co-workers donate funds to the Humane Association of Northwestern Rhode Island, a local association founded in 1978 to solve community issues primarily related to stray cats…... The money is not a corporate donation, but a collection of personal contributions from employees with the intent of remembering a beloved co-worker."

Comment

It is advertising, in a twisted sort of way. Before this, I had never even heard of them.

Comment

I read the company’s statement earlier, but I guess the problem is that the local shelter said that they have not received any funds (yet). A company spokesperson wrote on a discussion board that someone hand delivered the cheque, while others on the discussion feed questioned that it even happened.

Kato – Muck Boots is a large name brand, but they are bigger in the United States (where this case happened) compared to Canada.

Comment

Good boots kato, I've used them the last couple of years. So much nicer than the old insulated rubber boots.

Comment

So are you a proud customer of Much Boots grassfarmer?

Comment

Good enough product and I don't see anything in this "non-story" that would make me boycott them.

Comment

They are too expensive for my liking!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...