• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Environmental regulation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually meat is healthier.

Comment

The nutrient profile except the "excess" fat? I have a feeling grassfarmer will agree with you. Balance balance balance moderation moderation moderation.

Back to spraying flax.
      What a beautiful day.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies; I found several things quite interesting.
        1. Pulses are not typically a ' staple' in farm cupboards, but rather, are occasionally on the menu. Yet.
        2. The actual use of pulses in dishes are not yet at the exciting stage.

The culture of food is familialy ingrained in our eating habits. It's safe to say rural Canada still prefers meat and potatoes, isn't it.

There's a good chance varietal substitutions would result in more beans and lentils in our menus.

I love the black chickpeas: they are crunchier, and don't have that gritty feel in your mouth. Ireland Creek Annie beans give a smooth baked bean. Even little kids tuck their hands full of Limelight beans b/c they don't have that mush feel in the mouth, and they are truly plump and delicious. The Swedish Brown beans have quite a nutty taste and mature exceptionally early; well within our climate

Ado, I particularly like the French lentils. They don't go to mush, which is probably what you dislike, brave, and I freeze them to add to salads, sprinkling a handful on top of.sorrel, lettuce and cabbage salads.

Often, I cook four varieties of beans , using all four burners at one times, and then freeze them cooked.in snack-packages. It's handy and adds protein to a lettuce salad. Vic, I was just curious to see if the rural palate has changed appreciably over the past ten years.

Love to experiment with pulses; they never fail to surprise: in bread, cakes, candy, as a veggie, soups, casseroles, deep fried, and mashed. etc. As you well know by now, I love to cook, Thanks again for the replies, Parsley

Comment

Pars...much better approach/message when nobodys under the bus.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...