• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moles

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find used mid row banders and mount on an old cultivator frame mounted with those "mole hill" shovels _ I forget you makes them and you should be ready to roll

Comment

Anhydrous may help control moles but is not a solution. We have a small anhydrous tank with hose and wand, and gassed new mounds in a hay field with very limited results. With the results we have seen doing individual holes, I don't think the results from banding will do much to control the moles. This system works great on gophers as there runs are open, doing mole runs is much more difficult as they put up tunnel blocks regularly. Best mole control is trapping very time consuming but worth it to start on new fields as they are put into production.

Comment

I trapped moles for a while on our place and it was going quite well, surprising with half a dozen traps moved every day how quickly you can cover the ground. Then we ran into a couple of problems - first a coyote learned there was an easy meal if they dug the trap up so my traps kept being dug up or disappearing - often to turn up later quite a distance away. Second problem was the moles got really established along the riverbanks in terrain where it is much harder to find the mounds and trap. Out on open country I didn't find it that hard to keep ahead of them.

Comment

So let's say that one can stay ahead of the moles. What have others done to make the field smother after the fact.

Comment

I know there is no simple answer to controlling them. For smoothing fields in spring I rent a land roller.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...